Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

our meal ended up being massive last night - we still had one Gardein turkey roll from a package of two and so I again made an open face hot turkey sandwich for each of us by slicing the roll - then I seem to have gone a little nuts with a huge pile of boiled potatoes and another huge pile of saute/steamed carrots and parsnips - just one slice of bread and mushroom gravy - delicious though

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15
we ate brunch very late yesterday so for dinner we had sticks of raw zucchini, carrots, bell peppers and some stuffed olives, cherry tomatoes ... all dipped in hummus with hot sauce on top - also dipped in a partial package of w/g bread sticks and a few blue tortilla chips

Emma JC

no one's eating dinner anymore?

last night I mashed up a can of pinto beans and added onion, jalapeno, 1/2 bell pepper, olives, zucchini, chipotle sauce, garlic powder, cumin, paprika and put it in the oven in a lidded casserole dish and then we scooped it up with blue corn tortilla chips with a few cheez shreds on the top - dessert was nuts and dk chocolate

Emma JC

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
I'm just going to have a sandwich (prob mashed avocado and tomatoes) and some fresh cherries for dinner as my lunch of soup really filled me up.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
looked back at one of my earlier dinners with tofu as I, again, had one that was slightly beyond its best before date and so basically did the same thing again - marinated cubed and stabbed tofu in Japanese BBQ sauce with some garlic powder, then did them in the air fryer for about 13 minutes - my honey sauted some bell pepper, onion, garlic and ginger and then we added in the tofu to the mix when it was done, a bit more sauce too and then served it over rice - it was very good

Emma JC

I will be having leftover stir-fry made with rice noodles, soy curls, broccoli, peas and onions in a light ginger sesame sauce.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC
two Gusto sausage sliced added to garlic, onions and mushrooms and served over penne - I wanted to use some of the Oat Greek yogurt that I bought a bit ago and so was going to mix it with some leftover spaghetti sauce however it had a tiny bit of what-looked-like mould on it so I mixed in some ketchup instead with some basil and garlic powder and put that on my penne.... the yogurt is sweet and the ketchup is sweeter than spag sauce so overall it was sweeter than I would prefer but it was interesting.... my honey wouldn't touch it just put some pb butter on his penne

Emma JC

couscous last night with lightly roasted chickpeas and celery, green onions, cherry tomatoes and sliced olives and I made a hummus/tahini/lemon/maple syrup/sriracha sauce for the top - it was very satisfying

Emma JC

• Love
our steel cut oats kept us very full all day so just had salsa and chips for dinner with some hummus on the side and topped with some olives and a few shreds of cheez

Emma JC

I'm going to make a tofu scramble for dinner and add in the rest of my leftover soy curls. The scramble also will have tomatoes, carrots, onion, kale and broccoli topped with hot sauce and some grated vegan Parm. I might have tater tots with it as well, cooked in the air fryer.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC
I made mujadara last night, and add a blend of olives. I was thinking how long it's been that I just had beans and rice, but like this soooo much better

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I picked up some fresh corn on the cob and so we had two of those each (they were fresh and delicious) and then decided that just one sausage on a bun wouldn't do so we had two each (Field Roast Mexican Chipotle) and that way too much food, no matter it was great tasting.

Emma JC

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
to make up for the previous night's overindulgence, last night I had just a small bowl of frozen berries thawed and added a tablespoon of yogurt, some chocolate chips, some cereal, some cashews, some pumpkin seeds and mushed it all together - it was delicious - oh and I had a few tortilla chips just to get the sweet taste out of my mouth

Edit: forgot to say there was a banana in the mix also

Emma JC