Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I think I will make some flatbread and have either a soy curls quesadilla or maybe some flatbread pizza with pesto, vegan sausage, onions and black olives. I might top it with some vegan Parm. Now that I think of it, I think the pizza will win out. :)

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC
A Beyond burger. I had just bought the grilling box of 8 and now Costco has Impossible again 🙄. I much prefer Impossible but will take a while to go through these, just me and my son

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
last night we had sauerkraut perogies and they were delicious - I sauted lots of onions, garlic, mushrooms, jalapenos first (with spices) and added one thinly sliced Gusta sausage, boiled the perogies and then lightly crisped them up in a bit of budder and then piled the rest on top and sprinkled nutritional yeast - amazingly good - the little bit of sour from the sauerkraut was special

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I had more flatbread pizza. I think this is my new favorite pizza: homemade flatbread, homemade pesto, homemade vegan sausage (thank you, Post-Punk Kitchen), sautéd onions and sliced black olives, all topped with grated vegan Violife Parm.

Cabbage so far.

Monday fish and coleslaw, Tuesday fish burritos (fish, slaw, guac, salsa), tonight a lemon orzo light soup (cabbage, chickpea, orzo, onion, garlic, thani, carrots, bottled lemon juice, bullion and lots of spices. I made a crockpot full).

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
we felt like having lots of beans so I mashed a can of kidney beans and a can of pinto beans together and added green onion, olives, salsa, chipotle sauce, spices, in a pot on the stove, then served with a few picked jalapenos on top and a few shreds of cheez - scooped up with tortilla chips - perfect

Emma JC

One pan Spanish style butter bean and protein ball dish. With added chopped mushrooms and broccoli/ onion powder, smoked paprika and chipotle flakes plus a sprinkle of yeast flakes, Lidl Parmesan style cheeze and a drizzle of eco.

A juicy nectarine.

I think I will make either nime chow or veggie sushi squares. I can't decide which. :D

we also had pizza last night with arugula, green onions, green olives, mushrooms and one Gusta sausage thinly sliced, and a few shreds of cheez - also made some onion/garlic chip dip from silken tofu and we had some potato chips on the side however I mostly dipped my pizza in the chip dip and it was delicious

Emma JC

• Love
Reactions: PTree15
I think I will make either nime chow or veggie sushi squares. I can't decide which. :D
So, these plans went by the wayside, as I was in crochet mode :D.
I ended up having a Beyond Burger (no bun) topped with pesto, spicy mustard and dill pickle chips along with an ear of corn. For dessert I had pineapple chunks.

Tonight I will have Cheap Lazy Vegan's sushi squares. I've made the rice and chickpea salad for the filling already, so that will leave slicing up some carrots, cucumbers and avocado for the rest of the filling.

ETA: I had steamed edamame and grapes with the sushi squares. I had only enough rice paper to make three squares, but I made them large and cut them in half. I have one left over for tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
I'm going to have chickpea salad lettuce wraps with sliced tomato and pickles along with an ear of corn on the cob.

I made spicy Jollof inspired rice. I was worried as it was such a lot, but it's going fast between my son and myself. Surprisingly good with cheese--which I got FYH med cheddar on clearance for a buck! I got two and wish I'd bought more and froze. not good cold, but very good melty!

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
we had our usual aglio y olio last night with onion, garlic & mushrooms and chili peppers and a side salad with arugula, tomato, green onion, olives and a bit of dressing from gourmet rice vinegar, soy sauce, Frank's hot sauce, spices

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15