Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

we had leftover rice & beans from the night before and I sauted up a bunch of Ikea plant balls in a small amount of Japanese bbq sauce - it was delicious and then we had a few tortilla chips with hummus/hot sauce

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Tonight I'm making potato pancakes or should I say latkes? Well, I should say latkes, despite the simplicity of my recipe. Yes, there's a difference between the two. Anyhow, just the latkes with some nice crisp garden grown lettuce for a green salad.

My crazy inspiration to make latkes was some fallen apples from my tree, which I quickly turned into apple sauce. So then I thought, "hmmm, latkes and apple sauce, yum".

I was full up from lunch so I had half a small baguette with avocado and tomatoes and everything bagel seasoning. White and black grapes too.

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
we were very full from brunch also so we just had some very thick cut seedy whole grain bread and cooked up some vegetable Ikea balls and mushrooms and put them in the bread with a can of mushroom gravy poured over it all

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15
Tonight I'm making potato pancakes or should I say latkes? Well, I should say latkes, despite the simplicity of my recipe. Yes, there's a difference between the two. Anyhow, just the latkes with some nice crisp garden grown lettuce for a green salad.

My crazy inspiration to make latkes was some fallen apples from my tree, which I quickly turned into apple sauce. So then I thought, "hmmm, latkes and apple sauce, yum".

I'm not even sure what latkes are, but I so love potato pancakes with applesauce. I just like them grated, then flour with a bit of baking powder to make a stiff mix--and lots of grate onions mixed in. It's been a long time since I made them.
I've been debating planting an apple tree

I had one serving of pasta with my seitan sausage, onion and peppers. I don't really like one serving of pasta--it's just like one glass on wine :ignore:

We are ordering pesto pizza as it is Tuesday. I think I am going to try the mac and cheeze from there too as our fav restaurant has closed down so I will look for a replacement.

we had a pile of roasted root veggies - white potatoes, sweet potato, carrots, parsnip, onion, garlic, bell pepper (lots of leftovers) and 2 gusta sausage each which we did not like.... they were lemon sage and Ocktoberfest and I won't be buying them again - only smoked paprika for pizza and it is back to Fieldroast for the occasional sausage on the side or on a bun

Emma JC

@Emma JC

I love roasted root veggies!

I have an abundance of zucchini at the moment. Tonight I'm going to make a one pot zucchini bake for dinner, topped with some vegan nut cheese.

yeah I am not sure why I haven't made them for so long... if I had had zucchini they would have been in there as well

Emma JC

• Friendly
Reactions: Veganite
I used the flatbread recipe and did pizza. I need to work on my rolling out technique. I caramelized onion, blistered cherry tomatoes (only a small bit of each), some tiny peppers, some spinach in balsamic vinegar. Topped it with the veg and pepperoni and nooch. Cast iron cooked. Yum.

Happi shrimpee with a sauce made with part mayonnaise/soya yogurt/Dijon mustard and lemon juice with
air fried chips plus a dash of vinegar. I bought some frozen chips from Lidl which were ok but not spectacular.

A juicy nectarine.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15