Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

last night we made pans of nachos with Gusta ground and Daiya cheeze - onions, jalapenos, green onions, olives, tomatoes, salsa and tortilla chips of course - was very very full....

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Love
Reactions: PTree15
we had a red cabbage that had been sitting around and so I looked up a cool recipe that included cabbage, onion, apples, carrots and it was a pretty simple bake in the oven recipe - unfortunately the red cabbage was not great anymore so we tossed it, however we did have a ziploc bag of green cabbage in the freeze so used that and the result was very tasty - we had it with air fried potatoes and a hamburger

Emma JC

I'm going to have macaroni salad, barbecued tofu and sliced tomatoes and cucumbers.

Is it the CLV salad?🙂
No, as I'm missing the mango chutney, sadly! I just made a regular one like the kind my mom makes. She puts tuna it hers, but I put in chickpeas, pulsing them up a bit in the food processor. Then I add celery, salt, pepper, a dab of spicy brown mustard, a dash of vinegar and vegan mayo to the cooked pasta. Sometimes I put in some garlic powder.

I'm going to make the CLV one, though, for sure. I haven't had time to get to the store, but I should be able to pick that up tomorrow or get a mango and make it.

• Love
Reactions: Raven
we had a red cabbage that had been sitting around and so I looked up a cool recipe that included cabbage, onion, apples, carrots and it was a pretty simple bake in the oven recipe - unfortunately the red cabbage was not great anymore so we tossed it, however we did have a ziploc bag of green cabbage in the freeze so used that and the result was very tasty - we had it with air fried potatoes and a hamburger

Emma JC
Do you freeze cabbage raw? Too often I'm left with like 1/4 of a head
Red cabbage is the same as purple! Never heard it called red (or saw it red!)

Do you freeze cabbage raw? Too often I'm left with like 1/4 of a head
Red cabbage is the same as purple! Never heard it called red (or saw it red!)

hmmm and we have never heard it called purple - the colour is purple but it called red, even google agrees with me :) - kinda like onion, they are called red onions but are pretty much also purple, no?

we did freeze the cabbage raw - the google machine recommends blanching first if you plan to keep it for a long time but for a couple of months raw is fine - it was my honey that did it as I don't think I have ever frozen cabbage myself, it came out fine... it was already chopped

last night we had the leftover smeat from our nachos mixed with a can of black beans and a small can of green chilies and more spices, salsa and a few shreds of cheez and made handheld burritos out of them and toasted them lightly in a pan - dessert was a few handfuls of corn chips

Emma JC

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Tom L.
Friday; Happie shrimpee with yogurt/Dijon/lemon/mayonnaise sauce plus boiled baby potatoes with Lurpak.

A bramble apple pie and vanilla Oatley custard.

Last night; A Pukka dark mince and onion pie with a jacket sweet potato with Lurpak and af large portabella mushrooms

A raspberry jam doughnut.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
more delicious spaghettini last night with lots of fresh basil, tomatoes, garlic, onion, olives, mushrooms, chili peppers and a side of thinly sliced whole grain baguette

Emma JC

I sauteed seitan with veggies intending to make it with fettuine and sauce, but had it with mixed greens and poppyseed dressing instead. Really good
I made a ginger date cake that was very easy, very good, and I will be making adjustments

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
Indian takeaway, onion bhajis, cauliflower wings and Bombay potatoes with salad, mango chutney and tamarind sauce. I have leftovers for dinner tonight.

I had some bhajis the other evening when a friend bought us the Waitrose vegan curry fakeaway.
I wasn’t impressed. I must say that I prefer curry from a jar and considering that it costs £11, I certainly would not purchase it.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I had some bhajis the other evening when a friend bought us the Waitrose vegan curry fakeaway.
I wasn’t impressed. I must say that I prefer curry from a jar and considering that it costs £11, I certainly would not purchase it.
I haven't tried that one yet.

The curry I ordered last night was nice. The restaurant is called Namaste Village and they have one near me in Southend and in London.

Sunday was more pitza and very simple ones... a bit of leftover spaghetti sauce spread around, fresh basil leaves, garlic powder, a few shreds of Daiya mozz - the pita were very thin whole wheat ones.

Last night we had Yves chckn tenders with rice and steamed brussel sprouts.

Emma JC

Reactions: Tom L. and PTree15
Last night I had a vegan pepperoni quesadilla made with vegan feta and Three Girls Vegan Creamery pepperoni (this was actually good. I had ordered it before I knew about the bland buffalo chik'n sandwich). I put pesto and sautéed beet greens on it. It was delicious.

Tonight, I might try making a pepperoni and beet greens calzone. I have to make some dough later for a pot pie, so I can make dough for the calzone as well. I'm going to add black olives to it as well.

Reactions: Emma JC
we had Debate Spaghettini and Meatballs last night .... added roasted garlic and chili peppers to the sauce along with a ton of mushrooms, zucchini and onion - the meatballs were a mix of Gardein, Yves and Ikean - a side of thinly sliced whole grain baguette

we did time it so that we could eat and watch

Emma JC