Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

my honey had a hankering for pizza so he went out and picked up Dr Oetker's Ristorante Vegan Margherita Pomodori and then I added some sliced vegan sausage and a few more shreds of cheez - it was very good, just expensive-ish

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
My husband likes that pizza. We had vegan pesto pizza for lunch today, but a different brand.

last night we had a snack of homemade popcorn and then later had a mini noodley soup of mostly greens (fresh spinach, arugula, kale), a few soy curls, and a couple of mushrooms and a green onion - I do love having Mr Noodles around as even though I know they are not themselves "healthy" the items that I pack into the pot (I do not use the spices included in the package) are very healthy and I wouldn't eat them otherwise... instead of making a salad I just put all the ingredients into the pot...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

@PTree15 Corn on the cob is great! I've grown heirloom-variety sweet corn, and saved some seeds from last year. Sometimes, when I've waited too long to pick corn, I let it ripen and dry completely- then I can plant the seeds. (It's good to rotate crops you grow on a certain plot of ground, but my garden isn't really that big, at least not yet- so for now I grow some things on alternate years.)

But another thing you can do with completely-ripe-and-dried-out sweet corn is to parch it. You rub the dried kernels off the cob and put them in a popper; they don't puff up as much as popcorn, so you have to be a bit careful they don't burn- but they're quite good!- just a bit crunchy and a bit sweet- reminiscent of Corn Pops(?) cereal.

Last edited:
Single pot pasta (perhaps Thai Noodles is a good description), with penne, tofu cubes, broccoli, mushrooms, bell pepper, sauced and flavoured with onion, garlic, coconut milk, soy sauce, molasses, pepper, salt, coconut oil, cayenne pepper and ginger.