The Everything Valentines Day Thread

I was hoping to bake something to bring to work tomorrow but I got home so late and I’m so tired that I don’t think it’s going to happen, unless I’m up early and do it in the morning.

DSC_3016-2.jpg

Pâte feuilletée, ganache montée chocolat blanc, compotée de pomme-Puff pastry, white chocolate ganache,apple puree

Land & Monkeys, Paris € 14 serves 2

Sans-titre-1640-x-900-px-4.png

Pecan praline and chocolate mousse cake.

• Love
Reactions: Brian W and PTree15
Asda has announced it will be offering a vegan Valentine’s Day Meal Deal this year – boasting three courses with wine for £15.

The deal, which will be available between February 9 and 14, includes a starter, main plus two sides, and dessert, and a bottle of wine.

To begin their meal, plant-based diners can tuck into Asda’s new Vegan Mushroom Arancini Hearts with Truffle Dip. This is followed by the retailer’s Plant Based Wellington with Mushroom Duxelle for the main.
Asda-Valentines-Day-meal-deal-showing-a-pack-of-vegan-roasted-mushroom-arancini-hearts.jpg

Reactions: Brian W and PTree15
I'm disappointed in Sweden in this regard because, for a country that is so forward in vegetarianism/veganism, it is surprisingly lacking in vegan chocolates. :(

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou and shyvas
I bought some roses from Aldi yesterday. £9.99 for 24 roses! Amazing.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

I am going to make (hopefully) Minimalist Baker's cinnamon rolls and we have 'vegan steak' from my vegan store haul the other day. Can't wait to try it.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Raven and PTree15
Happy Valentine''s Day, everyone! My sister wished me Happy Palentine's Day, hehe. I like that one. Yesterday was allegedly Galentine's Day for people to honor their best gal pals. :) I like all the different takes on it. Anyway, I'm going to make a chocolate mug cake for dessert tonight. :) I'm in the mood for tofu, so my dinner will be a stir-fry with sugar snap peas, carrots and onions in a brown sauce. I'm not sure what flavor I want to focus on. I'm thinking savory rather than sweet, so we'll see.