NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record: there's going to be a lot of press referring to these scum people as the alt-right. Never refer to them as the alt-right. That is what they want. It softens their ideology and makes it seem palatable.

They are neo-nazis. White Supremacists. White Nationalists.

John Waters being interviewed on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert said we survived Nixon, we survived Reagan, we'll survive Trump. That's a wee bit too optimistic for a gay man, methinks. :rolleyes:

To be fair, he also said he's more concerned about Mike Pence, and if Trump follows through on his promise of being only a part-time president, I don't know how much surviving anyone will do.

C/P someone's post from a private Facebook group.

You can do this right now--I just left a message with the Department of Justice 800 number.
Via a friend IRL as well as FB:
The Department of Justice is tallying phone calls regarding those who want the 2016 Vote audited. A shift of just 55,000 Trump votes to Hillary in PA, MI & WI is all that is needed to win. They are starting to recognize there is something gravely off about the election results as more information keeps coming in. Considering everything that is at stake, a vote audit should be done.
Please take one minute and call/email the DOJ - Department of Justice: 1-800-253-3931 (press 5) or 202-353-1555 (leave message) or email: voting.section@usdoj.gov
"My name is [first last name], I'm calling from [city],[state] to respectfully request you pursue an investigation into voter suppression, Russian collusion and FBI interference with the 2016 presidential election. Please issue an injunction until a thorough investigation can take place."
The point is to provide the DOJ with numbers so they can see the number of Americans who want an injunction. Short, sweet, polite does the trick.
I recommend calling because a paid human has to answer or retrieve voicemails. It took all of 30 seconds. Thanks and warm regards!

Amy, sorry, but I don't see it.

I am not sure I believe the 55,000 number, based on what's on wikipedia right now. It's >50,000 difference in Pennyslvania alone, or fully 1%. Oh, I suppose it means a difference of 110,000 so 55,000 Trump votes to be transferred to Hillary, and none in the other direction. Sorry but the odds that a recount would lead to that many votes shifting one way or the other, and across all three states, is low.

The Department of Justice is not going to conduct a vote audit based on your phoned-in outrage

John Waters being interviewed on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert said we survived Nixon, we survived Reagan, we'll survive Trump. That's a wee bit too optimistic for a gay man, methinks. :rolleyes:

To be fair, he also said he's more concerned about Mike Pence, and if Trump follows through on his promise of being only a part-time president, I don't know how much surviving anyone will do.
I know it's going back to the whole lesser of two evils thing again, but I'm not sure I would even choose Trump over Pence. Trump is so blatently
out there that it makes Pence comes across as semi normal, lol.

I did hear Pence's response to the Hamilton incident and I thought he did ok with it, unlike Trump's usual whiny reaction.

And no, I'm not campaigning for Pence, don't worry, lol.

Reactions: FortyTwo
Amy, sorry, but I don't see it.

I am not sure I believe the 55,000 number, based on what's on wikipedia right now. It's >50,000 difference in Pennyslvania alone, or fully 1%. Oh, I suppose it means a difference of 110,000 so 55,000 Trump votes to be transferred to Hillary, and none in the other direction. Sorry but the odds that a recount would lead to that many votes shifting one way or the other, and across all three states, is low.

The Department of Justice is not going to conduct a vote audit based on your phoned-in outrage

Well, the WaPo is an establishment newspaper and they have their own biases. And it's not just phoned-in outrage, it's citizen voters expressing their concern that the votes were rigged in favor of Donald Trump. It's not just people calling to label Trump a Whiny Cheeto or something.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
Well, the WaPo is an establishment newspaper and they have their own biases. And it's not just phoned-in outrage, it's citizen voters expressing their concern that the votes were rigged in favor of Donald Trump. It's not just people calling to label Trump a Whiny Cheeto or something.
I, for one, would rather take the brief minute to call in than do absolutely nothing. :up:

If Hillary does now see that there is a case to look at re hacking (I doubt it), she has the problem that she has already conceded. Al Gore also conceded and then un-conceded. I think the problem here is the convention of conceding. The result needs to be declared by an official authority not by the loser. I think the convention of conceding should be changed. The candidate should call up and say "it looks like you are going to win, of course we need to wait for the official result, but assuming that goes as expected, best of luck on being the next President" and then a similar statement in their losing speech so that they have not technically conceded.

The election should be decided by a formal process and announced formally, not decided by when the loser concedes.

If Hillary does now see that there is a case to look at re hacking (I doubt it), she has the problem that she has already conceded. Al Gore also conceded and then un-conceded. I think the problem here is the convention of conceding. The result needs to be declared by an official authority not by the loser. I think the convention of conceding should be changed. The candidate should call up and say "it looks like you are going to win, of course we need to wait for the official result, but assuming that goes as expected, best of luck on being the next President" and then a similar statement in their losing speech so that they have not technically conceded.

The election should be decided by a formal process and announced formally, not decided by when the loser concedes.
Yeah, I don't think we can employ "no-takesies-backsies" here.... LOL :rolleyes:

The focus of left-of-center politics in the dark years to come must be on protecting the groups of people who are targets precisely because of their identities. To sideline their interests is to accede to a backlash that has just begun and will only get worse. If Democrats standing up for diversity makes Trump voters feel disrespected, the best response is a slogan popular among enemies of political correctness at Trump rallies: **** your feelings.

Ignore the PC Backlash. In the Trump Era, Democratic Politics Have to Be “Identity Politics.”

Every shot we have at dethroning Dump is a long shot, but we need to be doing everything we possibly can.

Meanwhile, if you live in NY, make sure you're calling your representatives and voicing your support for Pat Burke's PENCE bill and encouraging them to take similar steps.

If you live anywhere in the US, it's always worth calling your reps and encouraging them to speak out against the appointment of Steve Bannon as the Presidential adviser.

John Waters being interviewed on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert said we survived Nixon, we survived Reagan, we'll survive Trump.

Yeah, we survived Reagan... except for everyone who didn't.

It'd be very easy for someone like me to jump on that wagon, given my age. I didn't live through the AIDS crisis. But I have to trust the testimony of those who did that it was really horrible, and that Reagan sat by and watched as people from my community died in droves. Even laughed at them.

That's what bothers me about this whole "we will persevere" thing. Like, it's great to be optimistic and all, but we won't persevere. I mean, the human race will. It's unlikely that Oompa Loompa Doopity Doo is going to start a nuclear war or anything like that (although honestly at this point who f*cking knows, that'd be an interesting way to cap this **** year off for sure) and obliterate every human being, so in a sense, yes, we will survive this. But that we doesn't include all of us.

It is my understanding that phone calls work better than emails. What about sending letters via USPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.