NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "you" was meant collectively, as you seem to identify as antifa.
No, I support them, though. They're on our side.

On Democracy Now, Cornel West, who was also in the line with us, said that he felt that the antifa saved his life. I didn’t roll my eyes at that statement or see it as an exaggeration—I saw it as a very reasonable hypothesis based on the facts we had.

There was a group of antifa defending First United Methodist Church right outside in their parking lot, and at one point the white supremacists came by and antifa chased them off with sticks.

I am a pastor in Charlottesville, and antifa saved my life twice on Saturday. Indeed, they saved many lives from psychological and physical violence—I believe the body count could have been much worse, as hard as that is to believe.

Last edited:
Basically anyone who opposes fascism is antifa. It's not so much a cohesive organization as it is a bunch of people from a lot of different ideologies (mainly anarchocommunist but also a lot of partisan folks) forming local groups to oppose fascist gatherings.

I have zero problem with, and 100% support, antifa attacking nazis. Passive protest isn't useless as far as changing public opinion goes but the antifa are doing the real hard work out there, actually making nazis afraid to be nazis. Nazis are going to be violent no matter what - their very existence is a threat to innocent people. The only response that will get them to actually back down is to show them that they're not the only ones capable of violence, and the people they're threatening will be defended with potentially lethal force. This has been demonstrated time and time again.

You're not wrong, Mischief, about the possibility that resistance against the nazis might give them martyrs, or that they might not influence the voting populace in a positive direction, but I also don't think that's what we should be concerned with right now. This is about defending the immediate victims of fascist violence from that violence when it occurs, and it's going to be occurring a lot more in the coming weeks, months, and years.

Reactions: Amy SF
In a nutshell: a sane democracy with reasonable parties and a minimum of hateful bigotry on the sidelines of society would have the privilege to be able to worry about what's going on with the voting populace. America isn't that. Right now we have openly violent white supremacist militias roaming around, and that requires immediate action, regardless of how that action might look to some.

20840764_1603399363052463_2915705305933144260_n.jpg

Reactions: FortyTwo
People who have spoken to Bannon said he has been telling others for the past two weeks that he’s planning to return to Breitbart, the conservative news site he used to run before joining Trump's campaign. While it's not clear exactly what role he would play there, many in Trump world have feared what havoc Bannon could wreak if he left the administration.

Joel Pollak, a senior Breitbart editor, signaled what’s to come from the website in an ominous single-word tweet apparently aimed at the Bannon-less White House: “#WAR,” he wrote without explanation.

Bannon out as White House chief strategist

I posted that as soon as I heard, just minutes after it happened.... LOL :p Look ^^^^

I'm still doing a little jig internally.

I saw your post - I wanted to add that Bannon is intending to return to Breitbart, and Breitbart signalling that they are going to war with the White House. I try to always cite the article from which I'm quoting, and the article title just happens to mirror your post.

Breitbart signalling that they are going to war with the White House.
That should be interesting.... :| LMAO

I had the kitchen radio on, listening to Here & Now on NPR, news broke, I was busy getting ready in the bathroom and I nearly tripped over myself trying to get to the computer. :rofl:

Reactions: Second Summer
This:

The decision will be met with jubilation within the Republican establishment, who viewed Bannon with a mixture of loathing (for his assaults on them as the head of Breitbart News) and fear (for his influence over Trump.)
That joy could well turn to ashes in their mouths. (Shouts to Tyrion Lannister!) Why? Because although Bannon won't work in the White House any longer, his worldview and mindset have been adopted almost in toto by the one person whose opinion matters in this White House: Donald John Trump.
And, as Trump supporter and former Georgia Congressman Jack Kingston noted on CNN on Friday afternoon: "Trump and Bannon believe in the same things."

Bannon may be gone from the White House. But his influence won't be disappearing any time soon.

Donald Trump fired Steve Bannon because he had become him - CNNPolitics

Status
Not open for further replies.