NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't be the first time a nation has done this ...!

The fear and instability in these countries resulting from the uneasy relationship with Russia don't create fertile conditions for thriving democracies, which may explain some of the less attractive characteristics of some of these governments.

That's a good theory indeed. Although it may not explain everything. You could possibly partially check this theory by cross referencing the freedom/democracy/corruption rankings of the countries against their GDP, and finding out if their corruption etc is worse than other countries of similar wealth in other parts of the world.

DeImrXnVQAAe5yy.jpg

Not sure if this one's been posted before:

"Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler’s collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed. Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler’s speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist.

“Did your cousin John give you the Hitler speeches?” I asked Trump.

Trump hesitated. “Who told you that?”

“I don’t remember,” I said.

“Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.” (“I did give him a book about Hitler,” Marty Davis said. “But it was My New Order, Hitler’s speeches, not Mein Kampf. I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I’m not Jewish.”)

Later, Trump returned to this subject. “If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them.” "

Source:
After the Gold Rush
(Article is from 1990)

“Undocumented immigrants are not people; they are animals” is not an exact quote from Trump and yet it has been put in quotation marks by that group on facebook as if it is. It came about in the context of a discussion about criminal immigrants specifically, and in specific response to a question about MS-13 gang members who are murdering drug smugglers that have had significant involvement in child prostitution amongst many other things.

The quote has been specifically changed to refer to all immigrants when in reality it seems clear to me that the conversation was specifically about criminal immigrants.

Here are more details including the whole video showing what Trump said and what it was in response to: Context matters, even when opposing Trump - The Malarkey Meter

In the words of NBC’s Chuck Todd:
“This is where I think that my colleagues do us all harm,” Todd said. “You know, cover this legitimately. There is plenty of legitimate stuff to ding him on, if you think he deserves to be dinged on. Just be careful. Don’t be sloppy about it.”

Status
Not open for further replies.