NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth Warren isn't the only Democrat helping the draft-dodging fascist accomplish his goals.

So far though, Schumer's tough talk doesn't square with his voting record. As of now, the Senate has voted on three of Trump's nominees: General James Mattis for the Department of Defense, General John Kelly for the Department of Homeland Security, and Mike Pompeo for the Central Intelligence Agency. Schumer has voted for every single one of them, and, absent meaningful opposition, each of them has been confirmed. Trump is batting 1000 at assembling the cabinet he wants.

This should surprise no one.

Elizabeth Warren isn't the only Democrat helping the draft-dodging fascist accomplish his goals.

This should surprise no one.

Well, I'm sorry, but it surprises me. Why do Warren and Schumer pose as liberals, but then vote like neo-fascists?
Please explain it to me so my poor brain can understand such duplicity.

I think Warren is positioning for a run for the presidency.

I can understand a vote for a couple of the nominees she has voted for - Trump could pick much worse, as he's demonstrated by most of his nominations.

However, Carson is patently unqualified to be HUD Secretary.

Here's something to pay attention to:

Take back the House by supporting your local Swing District

Basically it's a tool that lets you know where folks in your area are organizing to help push local governments back toward the left. This is going to be absolutely essential especially in two years when this kind of **** is back up for election.
Michigan's 11th Congressional District (MI-11)
(Your next closest district is MI-07)
rep.jpg
Republican Controlled :down: BOOOOO!!!!

In the last election, Republican David Trott won this district by only 48,411 votes (12.8%).

Let's defeat Republican David Trott in 2018. Sign up to receive alerts as we add opportunities.

Join Team MI-11

... and I did. :up:

Reactions: Calliegirl
Political calculus. They believe it will be good for their careers.

But why would they think it would be good for their careers? Maybe I'm a weirdo, but they will get no support from people like me for their betrayals and duplicity.

But why would they think it would be good for their careers? Maybe I'm a weirdo, but they will get no support from people like me for their betrayals and duplicity.
I'm so disillusioned & disappointed. Liz Warren was the future hope I was clinging to. :cry: I'm just going to put it in my mind that perhaps she's got something very clever up her sleeve... make "friends" in order to rip them to shreds.

My sister will definitely be one of them. She has a rare, incurable, life threatening disease, and without her medications and surgeries, she will die. :( Even with insurance, she has a hard time making the co-pays and deductibles.

I'm taking two medications (and supposed to have a yearly procedure done) to keep me from developing a certain type of cancer. Without it, there's a better chance than not, that I will develop it. On the bright side, those of you who don't like me, won't have to put up with me in a few years. :p

I'm going to do my best to stay off Facebook today and give my stress level a break.

Reactions: KLS52
I think Warren is positioning for a run for the presidency.

I can understand a vote for a couple of the nominees she has voted for - Trump could pick much worse, as he's demonstrated by most of his nominations.

However, Carson is patently unqualified to be HUD Secretary.
As unqualified as he is (as ALL of them are), I think he's probably the least threatening of the appointees. I guess, if she's got to back someone, go for the tamest. :shrug: LOL

As unqualified as he is (as ALL of them are), I think he's probably the least threatening of the appointees. I guess, if she's got to back someone, go for the tamest. :shrug: LOL
I'm hoping her strategy is that if she approves the least dangerous, her vote against the worst ones will be worth more, and others will follow her.

I'm going to do my best to stay off Facebook today and give my stress level a break.
I have decided to find at least one positive news story to brighten my day amid the minefield of nastiness that seems to pop up every day. RE: Warren and Schumer...they are going the way they think the political wind is blowing, I suppose. Maybe they want to stay in the game long enough to effect real change. I don't know, but it is distressing to see them support the OM in this manner.

I'm hoping her strategy is that if she approves the least dangerous, her vote against the worst ones will be worth more, and others will follow her.
If she's in predatory mode, going for the weakest/tamest is an excellent strategy.

OMG, I'm actually rationalizing to make myself feel better about this.... :fp:

I will be going on Twitter though. As much as I don't like it, I want to help keep the NPS climate change posts circulating, since Trump has decided to censor them.

eta: typo

Last edited:
Trump's not messing about is he.

I wonder how many Republican senators there are who will end up voting for things they half believe in just to go along party lines and because not doing so would alienate their populist base, or even disagree with something they said to win popular support, without actually thinking they would have to go ahead and implement policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.