NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we need to occasionally laugh, here are some tweets:

Matt Ford

✔@fordm

We wouldn't even know about the Bowling Green massacre if it weren't for the amazing job Frederick Douglass did.

10:14 PM - 2 Feb 2017
Kellyanne Conway's comment about the #BowlingGreenMassacre was disrespectful to all who died that day, myself included.

9:47 PM - 2 Feb 2017

Follow
Justin Shanes @justinshanes

Finding these Bowling Green Massacre jokes to be a little too soon. Out of respect, we should wait until it takes place.

12:23 AM - 3 Feb 2017

Follow
Natasha Rothwell

✔@natasharothwell

Saddened and sickened by Frederick Douglass' silence surrounding the Bowling Green Massacre.

11:48 PM - 2 Feb 2017

Follow
Michael Beeman @MichaelBeeman

RIP, 3-5 million illegal voters lost in the Bowling Green Massacre. #BowlingGreenMassacre

10:54 PM - 2 Feb 2017

Follow
Mike Drucker

✔@MikeDrucker

Thank you, @KellyannePolls for reminding us about the famous Bowling Green Massacre, which occurred on February 30th at 13:00.

10:14 PM - 2 Feb 2017

Twitter Mocks Kellyanne Conway's False 'Bowling Green Massacre’ Comments

Reactions: FortyTwo
Metropolitan Museum of Art Places 375,000 Works Under Creative Commons

This is good news not only for art lovers but for fans of free expression. I can't help thinking the timing is significant, since Der Orange One is threatening to defund or even shut down the National Endowment for the Arts and basically threaten free expression in many areas. The arts, sciences, letters and humanities are all threatened under his reign. (That's one of the red flags of fascism, actually.)

Fourteen Defining Characteristics Of Fascism

Despite the fact that the NEA and PBS generate just a teeny tiny fraction of the federal budget, Republicans have been chomping at the bit for years to remove their funding and basically put them out of business. They may get their chance with Trump willing to sign everything they send him.

Last edited:
My gut feeling is Spicer won't last 4 years. At some point he''ll 1 very dumb or intolerant things, or several slightly dumb or intolerant things in quick succession, and he'll get replaced. I can see him lasting a year or two.

It's a hard job being the spokesperson. Having to carefully rephrase from memory, what the President has already said, and in other cases second guess his opinion. It's arguably a pointless job that isn't needed.

It's a problem that spokespeople don't feel they can say "I don't know what the President thinks about that" and instead has to second guess or dodge the question.

My gut feeling is Spicer won't last 4 years. At some point he''ll 1 very dumb or intolerant things, or several slightly dumb or intolerant things in quick succession, and he'll get replaced. I can see him lasting a year or two.

It's a hard job being the spokesperson. Having to carefully rephrase from memory, what the President has already said, and in other cases second guess his opinion. It's arguably a pointless job that isn't needed.

It's a problem that spokespeople don't feel they can say "I don't know what the President thinks about that" and instead has to second guess or dodge the question.

4 years? I'd be surprised if he lasts six months. :p

Mother deported in Arizona immigration case that sparked protests - CNN.com

She has two daughters and a husband. (Her husband is also undocumented.) She's been in the country 21 years.

An interesting part of the story is that she was discovered in 2008, allowed to stay under the Obama years, and has now been kicked out shortly after Trump comes in.

She was convicted of using false documents to gain employment. However, it looks like that was also in 2008 so has been known about for years.

However, perhaps such a person with a clean record no criminal charges might have been allowed to stay.

Love this--
THE IDES OF TRUMP: On March 15th, each of us will mail Donald Trump a postcard that publicly expresses our opposition to him. And we, in vast numbers, from all corners of the world, will overwhelm the man with his unpopularity and failure. We will show the media and the politicians what standing with him — and against us — means. And most importantly, we will bury the White House post office in pink slips, all informing Donnie that he’s fired.
Each of us — every protester from every march, each congress calling citizen, volunteer, donor, and petition signer — if each of us writes even a single postcard and we put them all in the mail on the same day, March 15th, well: you do the math.
No alternative fact or Russian translation will explain away our record-breaking, officially-verifiable, warehouse-filling flood of fury. Hank Aaron currently holds the record for fan mail, having received 900,000 pieces in a year. We’re setting a new record: over a million pieces in a day, with not a single nice thing to say.
So sharpen your wit, unsheathe your writing implements, and see if your sincerest ill-wishes can pierce Donald’s famously thin skin.
Prepare for March 15th, 2017, a day hereafter to be known as #TheIdesOfTrump Postcards are important here! Regular mail must go through content inspections that slow them down, whereas postcards don't have such postal obstacles.
Write one postcard. Write a dozen! Take a picture and post it on social media tagged with #TheIdesOfTrump ! Spread the word! Everyone on Earth should let Donnie know how he’s doing. They can’t build a wall high enough to stop the mail.
Then, on March 15th, mail your messages to:
President (for now) Donald J. Trump
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
It might just be enough to make him crack.
If you are out of the country, it will take longer to arrive. Figure out the timing so it arrives around March 17th!

Reactions: Amy SF and Mischief
Hmmmm...where to get pink postcards.

ETA: I can get 200 pink postcards for $16.95 on Amazon.

ETA: Index cards qualify as postcards, if they are the right size.

Here are the size requirements:

Postcards are an inexpensive way to get an immediate message to customers. When they arrive in the mail, there's the message -- no envelope to open! First-Class Mail postcards are a great value, too. With First-Class Mail postcards, you pay a low price and get all of the benefits, like forwarding and return that come with First-Class Mail. And, if you mail with single-piece First-Class Mail postage affixed, there is no extra work involved -- simply drop the postcards in a collection box.

You may think that your mailpiece is a "postcard," because it is a single sheet of paper. But to qualify for mailing at the First-Class Mail postcard price, it must be:

• Rectangular
  • At least 3-1/2 inches high x 5 inches long x 0.007 inch thick
  • No more than 4-1/4 inches high x 6 inches long x 0.016 inches thick
If your mailpiece does not meet the dimensions above, then the Postal Service considers it a letter and letter-size postage is charged. With USPS Marketing Mail, there is a little more flexibility -- there is no separate (lower) price for postcards, so you don't have to worry about your postcard being too big -- because you're paying letter prices anyway. But make sure that your postcard is no larger than 6-1/8" x 11-1/2" x 1/4" thick. Mailpieces larger than any of those dimensions and you'll have to pay flats (large envelope) postage prices.

Some mailers want to attach stickers, magnets, or other items to their postcards. However, an attachment may disqualify the mailpiece for mailing at the First-Class Mail postcard price—or even make it nonmailable. The rules about attachments to postcards are restrictive, so check with your Mailpiece Design Analyst (MDA) or Business Mail Entry Unit staff, who can tell you if your mailpiece design will be mailable.

TIPS
  • If you're planning to mail a postcard, First-Class Mail gives you the best value for your postage dollars. There is no lower postcard price in USPS Marketing Mail.
  • 0.007 inches? How do I measure that? As a guide, an index card is thick enough. If in doubt, contact a Mailpiece Design Analyst (MDA) at the Post Office near you. MDAs have tools for precisely measuring thickness and can tell you if your mailpiece is thick enough.
  • Make sure your mailpiece meets the minimum thickness requirement. Thin, flimsy pieces tend to get caught in mail processing equipment. If your mailpiece gets damaged in the equipment, then your message doesn't reach your customers.
  • What is high? What is long? Length is the side parallel to the address. Height is the side that is perpendicular to the length.

Sizes for Postcards | Postal Explorer

Last edited:
Hmmmm...where to get pink postcards.

ETA: I can get 200 pink postcards for $16.95 on Amazon.

ETA: Index cards qualify as postcards, if they are the right size.

Here are the size requirements:

Sizes for Postcards | Postal Explorer
I would boyott amazon. I may still buy the lysine treats for cali though through an affiliate, but thats all.
Index cards? I still have unopened ones from when my kids needed school supplies

Why are you boycotting Amazon?

ETA: Be careful - the 3 x 5 index cards don't meet the PO's size requirements. The 6 x 4 do, but they have to be heavy enough stock.

There were ICE raids across Southern California today, retaliation for having sanctuary cities and refusing to cooperate with Trump. :(

There were ICE raids across Southern California today, retaliation for having sanctuary cities and refusing to cooperate with Trump. :(
:(

The article I cited earlier, about CA farmers who voted for dt now being concerned about losing their workforces, goes into some detail about how dependent the CA economy is on undocumented workers.

dt could really screw with CA big time, using immigration enforcement. I think he is perfectly capable of doing it out of spite.

I have a pretty outspoken Facebook friend who holds a sort of friendathon every week or so for those who don't have many friends or family members who aren't Trump supporters. He lets people post their names if they would like more anti-Trump friends and not feel so alone or outnumbered. If anyone here is interested I could pm you a link to his Facebook page.

Status
Not open for further replies.