NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you live in a red state or have Republican representatives, write to them (snail mail) as constantly as you can. Be civil, but firm. Don't let them think they can get away with aligning themselves with the current administration. Stress that this isn't a partisan squabble and focus on specific issues. Tell them that politicians who support the cheeto are losing voters by the hundreds (they are) and that whether or not they tolerate the current administration is a crucial piece of your image of them. Threaten to **** talk them and make them lose voters. They'll listen, even if they're not good people, because this is genuinely a threat to their livelihood.

Agreed. For example, the deportation of millions of undocumented workers will have a catastrophic impact on a number of industries, and will send shockwaves through the economy. Those with a brain know this, but they also need to know that there are voters out there who also know this, and will hold them accountable for the consequences.

Likewise with dt's tax proposals and his spending proposals. They will expand the deficit and debt immensely. They need to know that not all of the voters are as uninformed and gullible as the dt voters.

Remind them of the real threats to national security and America's international standing.

These are all traditional GOP issues. Hammer them on these issues.

And if you have to, speak their language. Quote the Bible, get mad about the cheeto's disrespect to veterans (which you really should be mad about anyway, but which really hits home with conservative Good 'Ol Boys).

I feel exactly the same way. Was just saying this to a friend two days ago.

Politicians over here have been saying that they think the ban will lead to more people being radicalised and therefore make a terrorist attack in the US more likely.

Politicians over here have been saying that they think the ban will lead to more people being radicalised and therefore make a terrorist attack in the US more likely.
Another thing that worries me.

I think that's probably a given. U.S. security officials have been voicing that since dt first started with his Muslim ban rhetoric during the campaign.

Another thing that worries me.

I was watching Dateline London and a man on there was saying that the people on ISIS websites are saying that this ban proves what they have been trying to convince Muslims of for years, that America hates Muslims.

Kellyanne Conway Pitches Ivanka Trumps Goods From White House

Is this woman being deliberately obtuse? You'd think that she would know better.

I also find it interesting that Ivanka's company manufactures many of its items overseas, and here's her father trying to stop Americans from doing that. To be honest, I can't help but think that's hilarious. The absurdity never ends.

Kellyanne Conway Pitches Ivanka Trumps Goods From White House

Is this woman being deliberately obtuse? You'd think that she would know better.

I also find it interesting that Ivanka's company manufactures many of its items overseas, and here's her father trying to stop Americans from doing that. To be honest, I can't help but think that's hilarious. The absurdity never ends.

Well, almost all of dt's merchandise has been manufactured overseas, up to and including the "Make America Great Again" hats.

Conway knows that she gets away with her lies. There's no reason she wouldn't think she will get away with this.

Ken Starr (yes, that Ken Starr) is on dt’s shortlist to head the Office for International Religious Freedom in the State Department.

As you may recall, Starr prosecuted Bill Clinton for his sexual liaison with Monica Lewinsky, and then went on to prove his bona fides as a warrior against sexual misconduct by covering up (in his capacity as president of Baylor University) the years long rampage of rape and other sexual misconduct by the school’s football team. The university finally demoted him after an audit by an outside law firm found that he and other administrators, as well as the football coaching staff, had pressured rape victims and otherwise covered up and allowed the rapes to continue.

You couldn’t make this stuff up. Really.

The Trump regime and their supporters don't care if you prove them wrong, point out their hypocrisy or catch them in a lie. They will never live up to their own standards.

To be honest, I am concerned that Mr. Twimp is trying to start a war to improve his ratings, following Mr. Bush's example.....
He seems to prefer Iran, but I guess he would not shun China, either....

For those wondering about the motivation of the alt-right and the link that ties people like Milo Ybfbgbbiwnjf to rural white uneducated conservative populism, here's a really nice twitter essay (spoiler'd for length):

tumblr_okuw14VMHS1rr1o09o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_okuw14VMHS1rr1o09o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_okuw14VMHS1rr1o09o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_okuw14VMHS1rr1o09o4_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.