NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would an amnesty achieve, though?

Firstly, it would send a clear message that the US is not a just society, that people who legitimately apply for a visa from outside will be rejected, while others that break the rules are rewarded, thus fostering a sense of injustice that could be damaging in any number of other ways.

Secondly, by legitimizing illegal immigration in the past, it encourages in the future. Now the border guards will have more trouble to deal with in the future than ever.

Thirdly, it's a huge boost for people traffickers including sex trafficking, risky desert crossing etc etc. By making illegally immigrating more attractive, you increase all the related dangers.

The only amnesty I would support is one that makes the illegal immigrants get a clearly worse deal than the average people who applied from outside the country legally, since it's the only fair solution. Otherwise you have exacerbated all the problems I refer to above.

An Oklahoma lawmaker who once likened Islam to cancer required Muslims to answer several written questions — including, "Do you beat your wife?" — before agreeing to meet with them.

Republican state Rep. John Bennett's office distributed the questionnaire on Thursday as the Oklahoma chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations organized its annual Muslim Day at the Capitol. The lawmaker's office gave the list of questions to three Islamic school students who came to his office and asked to speak with him.

Read more here: Oklahoma lawmaker asks Muslims: 'Do you beat your wife?'

Is reality driving you crazy? Have you immersed yourself in the Obama family's post-White House lives or your favorite fantasy TV series as an escape from the insanities of real life? Well, then, this is for you. This site imagines what the news headlines would look like had Hillary Clinton won the electoral college vote and became president instead of Trump.

Home

Under the plan under consideration, DHS would break from the current policy keeping families together. Instead, it would separate women and children after they've been detained — leaving mothers to choose between returning to their country of origin with their children, or being separated from their children while staying in detention to pursue their asylum claim.

"How many human beings can look into the eyes of a mother or child seeking refuge and intentionally create this Sophie's choice?" asks Free.
Trump administration plans expanded immigrant detention

I wish there were a hell, because these people should rot in it.

The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.
Mr. Comey, who made the request on Saturday after Mr. Trump leveled his allegation on Twitter, has been working to get the Justice Department to knock down the claim because it falsely insinuates that the F.B.I. broke the law, the officials said.
Mr. Comey’s request is a remarkable rebuke of a sitting president, putting the nation’s top law enforcement official in the position of questioning Mr. Trump’s truthfulness. The confrontation between the two is the most serious consequence of Mr. Trump’s weekend Twitter outburst, and it underscores the dangers of what the president and his aides have unleashed by accusing the former president of a conspiracy to undermine Mr. Trump’s young administration.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/05/...allegations-that-obama-tapped-his-phones.html

Before this presidency is over, there will be a constitutional crisis.

It's a daily nightmare. How low can they go? I'm afraid to even consider how low.

It is news to me that the pope would be the "flag-bearer of the global anti-Trump resistance"...
But it is definitely good that he - among others - is condemning his actions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.