NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firing Spicer won't matter, won't make a difference. The antisemitism comes from the top - Donald Trump and Steve Bannon. It's a cancer that they're spreading everywhere. The next press secretary will simply parrot the same antisemitic garbage as the last one, because that's intentional.
They are despicable on so many levels.

I thought when you said to believe everything, it was in response to another post where I mentioned a list of predictions by a couple of people who very accurately predicted the Syria attack. They claimed to have heard the discussion on attacking Syria way back in January, and then posted the exact date of the attack in the beginning of February. That gave them lots of credibility. They went on to post a lot of other things they claim to have heard being planned. A little research on them found the insane things are were saying and that they are trying to scam people that I mentioned in the other post and so I decided to delete the post. I can pm you the link to their post if you want to read it.

I'd heard about the drone attacks. But, the stories all came from people who constantly posted about conspiracy theories, so I didn't take anything they said very seriously.

The drone attacks were big news for years under President Obama. The media was not quite as fervent to report things about the president then, for some reason..

From April of 2015:
Washington (CNN)
The long trail of civilian death left by President Barack Obama's drone war finally has an innocent American face.
In an extraordinary moment, Obama appeared Thursday in the White House briefing room to apologize for the accidental killings of an American and an Italian hostage in an attack on an al Qaeda compound on the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.
The deaths of U.S. hostage Warren Weinstein and Italian Giovanni Lo Porto were an agonizing personal blow to Obama and White House and CIA counterterrorism officials, who were forced to confront the horrifying reality that as a result of their actions, the United States killed two innocent captives.
"It is a cruel and bitter truth that in the fog of war generally, and our fight (against) terrorists specifically, mistakes, sometimes deadly mistakes, can occur," Obama said.

But the killings also have political and policy implications. It was a serious jolt for the drone war program, which is a bedrock of his counterterror legacy. They raised questions of whether U.S. covert agencies had done absolutely everything they could to ensure that no civilians were in the path of the drone strikes or whether the CIA was guilty of another intelligence failure.
READ: Will the drone debate come back?
The methodology of Obama's campaign against Islamic extremism -- including strikes to kill unidentified suspected militants -- and the risks inherent in basing military targeting decisions on the imperfect science of intelligence will also face new scrutiny..."
Continues here Obama confronts 'cruel' reality of his drone war - CNNPolitics.com

The drone attacks were big news for years under President Obama. The media was not quite as fervent to report things about the president then, for some reason..

Do you realize that your two sentences explicitly contradict each other?!

There was plenty of coverage about the drone attacks. In fact, I just googled "drone attacks" and got 13.6 million results.

Reactions: Amy SF
I'd heard about the drone attacks. But, the stories all came from people who constantly posted about conspiracy theories, so I didn't take anything they said very seriously.

Unfortunately the drone program is very real, and very deadly.

Dated 2014.

It's not a conspiracy thing - it's pretty widely covered on news and political programs. It's completely understandable you'd take it with a grain of salt, though - most of the headlines we deal with nowadays are so surreal and bizarre that they warrant further inspection.

We can expect more flying robot attacks under the Cheeto, and probably worse.

Firing Spicer won't matter, won't make a difference. The antisemitism comes from the top - Donald Trump and Steve Bannon. It's a cancer that they're spreading everywhere. The next press secretary will simply parrot the same antisemitic garbage as the last one, because that's intentional.

I still want Spicer to be fired though. Not because it'll necessarily do much, but because I want bad things to happen to Sean Spicer. :p

Reactions: Amy SF
Unfortunately the drone program is very real, and very deadly.

Dated 2014.

It's not a conspiracy thing - it's pretty widely covered on news and political programs. It's completely understandable you'd take it with a grain of salt, though - most of the headlines we deal with nowadays are so surreal and bizarre that they warrant further inspection.

We can expect more flying robot attacks under the Cheeto, and probably worse.

I still want Spicer to be fired though. Not because it'll necessarily do much, but because I want bad things to happen to Sean Spicer. :p
Yeah, when the same people post about chem-trails, 9-11 was an inside job, and the government is using mind control to make innocent people commit mass shootings, it's hard to believe anything they say.

I admit, I was pretty apathetic when it came to politics. I read up on the candidates and propositions before voting, but I didn't follow it in the news as much as I should have. Although I voted for Obama, I didn't watch his inauguration, or listen to his speeches throughout the years, and as far as I can remember, that goes for every president. I think I may have caught part of one speech. Last year was the first time I watched any debates. I followed a few things here and there (mostly the ACA, and complained about/made fun of Bush and Palin), but I usually turned off the news whenever politics and sports came on.

This past election has at least brought some of us out of our apathy. Better late than never. :oops:

Yeah, when the same people post about chem-trails, 9-11 was an inside job, and the government is using mind control to make innocent people commit mass shootings, it's hard to believe anything they say.

I admit, I was pretty apathetic when it came to politics. I read up on the candidates and propositions before voting, but I didn't follow it in the news as much as I should have. Although I voted for Obama, I didn't watch his inauguration, or listen to his speeches throughout the years, and as far as I can remember, that goes for every president. I think I may have caught part of one speech. Last year was the first time I watched any debates. I followed a few things here and there (mostly the ACA, and complained about/made fun of Bush and Palin), but I usually turned off the news whenever politics and sports came on.

This past election has at least brought some of us out of our apathy. Better late than never. :oops:
I'm definitely with ya there. Well put.

TaxMarchLogo2.png

Trump is the first president in 40 years to refuse to release his returns. Let's make him the last -- by flooding the streets of DC and cities across the country this Saturday April 15th for the Tax March. Find a march near you now:
RSVP TO THE TAX MARCH!
Dear friends,

Donald Trump is the first president in 40 years to refuse to release his tax returns. We have no way of knowing how tangled his conflicts of interest are until we get full transparency. This tax day let's demand it!

The good news is we don’t even need Trump to willingly turn them over, Congress has the oversight authority to get the administration to release them. That’s what House Democrats have been pushing for since February, but Republicans have been shutting them down.

It’s ridiculous! And it’s why this Saturday, with Congress in recess and our representatives back in their home districts, we’re marching in towns and cities across the country and in DC in an epic April 15 Tax March, to demand Trump release his taxes to the American people:

JOIN the April 15 Tax March. Head to DC or find a march near you!

Both Trump and top aide Kellyanne Conway have said only the press cares about his taxes. They're wrong -- a recent ABC poll says 74% of the public want the president to release his returns.

We literally have no information right now about how much our president is in debt to banks or lenders, foreign or domestic. And even though Trump and his top aides are under investigation by the FBI, for possible collusion with Russian operatives during the election, we don’t even know how much of his financing, if any, comes from Russian banks or oligarchs. What is he hiding??

Like the Women’s March in January, the Tax March started out as an idea on social media, and quickly took on massive momentum, with dozens of groups piling on and over 120 marches planed across the country, from DC to NYC to Los Angeles to Trump's weekend getaway at Mar-a-Lago! We’re marching in the middle of Congress’ Spring recess to tell our representatives and especially the GOP the obvious: Trump doesn’t work for the Republican Party, he works for all of us.

It’s a huge moment to show up with a clear question for our lawmakers, the Trump administration, and the media: Who pays Donald Trump? This Saturday we march to find out:

JOIN the April 15 Tax March. Head to DC or find a march near you!

In 2014 the Avaaz community helped make the People’s Climate March the biggest climate mobilization the world had ever seen, and last year many of us joined the Democracy Spring money out of politics mobilizations, making headlines as the biggest civil disobedience action in decades. Step by step, march by action, our collective momentum is making history.

With hope and grit,

Joseph, Dalia, Nick, Andrew, Iain, Emma and the whole Avaaz team

P.S. If you live in the D.C. area and want to volunteer to help make the march as awesome as possible, sign up here.

More information:

Activists Plan 'Tax Day' Marches Calling For Release Of Trump's Taxes (NPR)

After Trump Promised To Release His Tax Returns, Aide Says He Won’t Because ‘People Didn’t Care’ (Huffington Post)
After Trump Promised To Release His Tax Returns, Aide Says He Won't Because ‘People Didn’t Care’ | The Huffington Post

Donald Trump’s Conflicts of Interest: A Crib Sheet (The Atlantic)
Donald Trump’s Conflicts of Interest: A Crib Sheet

12383097508.gif

Avaaz is a 44-million-person global campaign network
that works to ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape global decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many languages.) Avaaz members live in every nation of the world; our team is spread across 18 countries on 6 continents and operates in 17 languages. Learn about some of Avaaz's biggest campaigns here, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

-------
Note:

Tax Day in the US this year is actually Tuesday, April 18th because of the 15th being a Saturday and Monday the 17th being a holiday (I think) in Washington, D.C. So there may be more protesting going on both on Monday and Tuesday as people bring their last-minute tax returns to the post office. Just a thought I had.

GP%20Email%20Logo.png

Dear Amy,

You want the tools to resist the Trump administration’s anti-environment agenda — we’re here to give them to you.

Check out the new RESIST Launch Kit today and take these six steps to effective resistance!

Trump’s attacks on our air, water, and communities seem to get scarier by the day.

Already, he’s signed an executive order to cancel the Clean Power Plan and resume the practice of leasing our public lands to coal mining companies. On top of that, his budget would slash the EPA’s funding by one-third and cut critical programs like the environmental justice and superfund clean-up programs that protect clean air and water for millions of people.

People like you are already doing so much to resist Trump’s anti-environment agenda, but if we’re going to stop this administration from putting fossil fuel profits before our climate and communities, we need to do more.

Right now, we have a chance to take our resistance to a new level — and we absolutely have to take it. The current congressional recess — when our senators and representatives leave Washington to come back and interact with you, their constituents — runs through April 23. Let’s make it a Resistance Recess.

Make sure Trump and Congress know that we won’t back down in the face of attacks on our air, water, and communities. Build the movement to resist Trump: dive in with the RESIST Launch Kit today!

Whether you’re looking to begin your resistance journey or are a seasoned activist, the RESIST Launch Kit is built for you. It features six avenues to action so you can make a difference for our health and environment.

No matter how you choose to resist, this is a critical time to speak out and ask your representatives what their plan is to protect clean air and clean water where your live. If Congress doesn’t step in right now, Trump could actually succeed in destroying programs that clean our air and protect our water from pollution. But we know they won’t take action unless you do.

We only have until April 23 — when Congress reconvenes — to take advantage of this window. Don’t wait. Use the RESIST Launch Kit today to make sure your representatives are taking action for clean air and water!

Trump may have big banks and the fossil fuel industry on his side, but the resistance movement has creativity, conviction, and people power. We’ve already defeated him in the courts, dwarfed his rallies with our marches, and made his Cabinet nominations the most contested in history.

But we can’t stop until our air, our water, and our health are protected; we can all play a role in resisting these latest attacks. Check out the new RESIST Launch Kit and help make this the biggest Resistance Recess yet!

Yours in resistance,

Hanna Mitchell
RESIST Project Team, Greenpeace USA

P.S. Thousands of people joined the first Resistance Recess in February, storming their town halls and demanding action from their representatives. Now we need you to make this movement even stronger. Visit the RESIST Launch Kit and get ready to #ResistOften!

Greenpeace never takes a dime from corporations or governments. Everything we do is thanks to the generous support of people like you!

DONATE NOW

Greenpeace
702 H Street, NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20001 | 1-800-722-6995

Greenpeace Inc. is a non-profit, tax-exempt, 501(c)(4) organization. As a result of our effective work for new environmental policies, contributions are not tax-deductible.

Do you realize that your two sentences explicitly contradict each other?!

There was plenty of coverage about the drone attacks. In fact, I just googled "drone attacks" and got 13.6 million results.
Well apparently not enough coverage for @Calliegirl to think they were fake news. I was attempting to be polite because I was amazed she had never heard of Obama's drone programme.

Status
Not open for further replies.