NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think as much as Trump wants to get to the front, he also wants to avoid being left at the back.He is probably actually scared that the media will report on him being too passive or other leaders stronger than him if he doesn't show otherwise.

He is a curious personality who seems to be at once self confident and arrogant and at the same time lacking in basic self esteem and confidence in himself. He is still trying to prove himself to himself.

But really, who cares whether so and so has a stronger handshake or who blanked who or said something witty to so and so at the leader's summit. I wish the media would discuss more of substance about what actually was discussed and decided.

tumblr_oqsvquNo6V1r6qvkdo1_1280.png

THIS IS REAL. It's still up, two hours later. I am laughing so hard I might pass out.

It's been two and a half hours Pacific time, and it's still there. I just checked Twitter.

I think he meant "coverage". But it's still not a complete thought.

Maybe he really does have Alzheimer's.

Reactions: silva and FortyTwo
He is a curious personality who seems to be at once self confident and arrogant and at the same time lacking in basic self esteem and confidence in himself. He is still trying to prove himself to himself.
That's pretty much the definition of narcissism. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he turned out to have NPD (narcissistic personality disorder)

That's pretty much the definition of narcissism. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he turned out to have NPD (narcissistic personality disorder)

He's been diagnosed with that by mental health professionals observing him on video and, presumably, watching him in person, although not in a clinical setting.

He's been diagnosed with that by mental health professionals observing him on video and, presumably, watching him in person, although not in a clinical setting.
Yeah. They're not really supposed to do that, though. I don't take the diagnosis seriously, as they didn't carry it out correctly. It's speculation on their part. I'm more curious to see what official diagnosis he would get (if any) in a clinical setting.

Last edited:
I can picture it now.... "No, Donny... it's beddie-bye time now.... no, NO! Gimme the phone! **grunt** I said give me the f*cking phone!!" :sf:

Letter to the Editor from the man who wrote the criteria for NPD.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/...ychiatrist-demurs-on-trumps-mental-state.html

Allen Frances said:
Most amateur diagnosticians have mislabeled President Trump with the diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder. I wrote the criteria that define this disorder, and Mr. Trump doesn’t meet them. He may be a world-class narcissist, but this doesn’t make him mentally ill, because he does not suffer from the distress and impairment required to diagnose mental disorder.

Mr. Trump causes severe distress rather than experiencing it and has been richly rewarded, rather than punished, for his grandiosity, self-absorption and lack of empathy. It is a stigmatizing insult to the mentally ill (who are mostly well behaved and well meaning) to be lumped with Mr. Trump (who is neither).

Bad behavior is rarely a sign of mental illness, and the mentally ill behave badly only rarely. Psychiatric name-calling is a misguided way of countering Mr. Trump’s attack on democracy. He can, and should, be appropriately denounced for his ignorance, incompetence, impulsivity and pursuit of dictatorial powers.

I would hope that putting him in a controlled clinical environment in order to facilitate a diagnosis would induce the required level of distress in him to warrant calling it a mental illness.

But I guess the old adage applies that the difference whether a person is considered crazy vs "eccentric" is not so much the behaviour, but rather the respective wealth of the person in question.

The debate over whether or not he's mentally ill has raged on for a while now, and while I of all people am extremely hesitant to label anyone like that, let alone in a way that implies their illness is the cause of abhorrent behavior, I think there's more than enough evidence at this point to at least say that he's got something going on. Like, there are good and bad people all over every spectrum. He's a narcissist who happens to be a garbage person as well.

On a less controversial and significantly more bizarre note:

Spicer offers cryptic explanation for Trump 'covfefe' tweet

This is the final nail in the coffin for even the pretense of credibility as far as Trump's 'administration' goes. How easy, realistic, and totally non-offensive would it have been to say "the President made a typo"? Like, everyone makes typos, and admitting Trump made a typo is completely unrelated to thinking anything about his policies or even him as a person. "He made a typo, everyone does that, no need to be concerned." That would have been SO easy. It's not a satisfactory response, of course, but it would've been SO EASY!

But rather than admit even the slightest potential perceived fault that isn't even really a fault, Spicer went out of his way to state outright that "covfefe" was actually supposed to ******* mean something? Like it's a goddamn code word?? Listen to the entire crowd laughing in disbelief. That's ******* incredible.

Year of Onion Headlines indeed.

Reactions: Mischief and Amy SF
Status
Not open for further replies.