TV & Film The TV Room

We finished watching Under the Banner of Heaven. It was good acting, but quite harrowing subject matter.

We are going to start watching that tonight.
I saw that and I agree it was excellent though disturbing and based on a true story. I might see if the library has the book it is based on.

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven
OMG, The Night Agent is ridiculous, but very compelling. It reminds me of a low budget 24.

I miss that show. I read Rabbit Hole with Kiefer Sutherland is meant to be good so I might watch that.

I started watching Mindhunter last night when my husband went to bed early. I think I had tried to watch it before last time we had Netflix. It seems a bit slow, but i read it got good reviews so I will carry on with it.

Reactions: Andy_T and Emma JC
I started watching Mindhunter last night when my husband went to bed early. I think I had tried to watch it before last time we had Netflix. It seems a bit slow, but i read it got good reviews so I will carry on with it.

we are on the last episode - it is longer so we watched about 1/2 hour last night and will finish it tonight - it is based on a book and I find it interesting because it is based on real characters although the show itself is heavily fictionalized

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

we are on the last episode - it is longer so we watched about 1/2 hour last night and will finish it tonight - it is based on a book and I find it interesting because it is based on real characters although the show itself is heavily fictionalized

Emma JC
Mindhunter got very violent and graphic. I am only up to episode 3.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
OMG, The Night Agent is ridiculous, but very compelling. It reminds me of a low budget 24.

We started watching this last night and are enjoying it - my honey commented that it was like a tamer Reacher however we didn't watch 24 so you may be more correct.

Emma JC

I started watching Pieces of Her on Netflix last night. After episode one I thought it bogged down. Not sure I want to watch any more.
Has anyone seen it and can make a Recommendation?

I started watching Pieces of Her on Netflix last night. After episode one I thought it bogged down. Not sure I want to watch any more.
Has anyone seen it and can make a Recommendation?
I liked it, slow to start. I LOVE Toni Colette though.

I just started The Power with Toni Colette. Not sure yet, but I will watch to see.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
  • Wow
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
It is pretty crazy. A group of soccer high school teens get stick after a plane crash and have to figure out how to survive. Then it goes into the "present" for the aftermath. There is murder, a cult and cannibalism story lines. The cast is amazing.
That "girl" from Night Agent is in it.
It doesn't sound like something I would like to watch. but yeah, I keep hearing about it.

• Informative
I finished The L word season Q. I got showtime for the yellowjackets show and I was watching that before. The L word season Q was cancelled after this past season. I did enjoy the queer representation of the show, but it did get a bit odd. I did love the cast, but I think after a musical episode it was done or "jumped the shark". They started to have cameos more from the original L word show and it felt like it was ending, but a bit of a cliffhanger.

• Informative
Sarah Desjardins - IMDb
This actor? She is quite pretty. She reminds me of Jennifer Connelly when she was young for some reason.
Yes. thought she looked familiar in the Night Agent and IMDBEd her. I had remembered her from a TV show called Impulse (2018).

Impulse is loosely. based on books by Steven Gould. (The movie Jumper is also based on a Steven Gould book). Basically, people who can teleport. Impulse also stars Daniel Maslaney, Tatiana's brother. Daniel plays a HS boy on the Autistic Spectrum. Impulse is very good on a few levels.

YouTube Red's new series 'Impulse' is part of the 'Jumper' family, but it's driven by a very strong lead performance from Maddie Hasson that makes it more of a character drama about sexual assault than a YA thriller.​

I"m not sure where you can watch it. but if you can find it - I highly recommend it.

• Informative
I started watching Emergency NYC which is a documentary series about American health care. Eek, it was very graphic. I only watched one episode so far.

I started watching Emergency NYC which is a documentary series about American health care. Eek, it was very graphic. I only watched one episode so far.

my honey clicked on this last night and only watched the first few minutes so not sure if we are watching anymore

we finished the last two episodes of Night Agent and definitely enjoyed it - will be interesting to see what happens in Season 2

Emma JC

We finished Mindhunter today. We will start the second series tomorrow. I don't think I have ever watched this much TV!

It is very graphic as it is about serial killers, just as a warning.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15