TV & Film The TV Room

I started watching Emergency NYC which is a documentary series about American health care. Eek, it was very graphic. I only watched one episode so far.

we watched the first three episodes last night and we are finding it very interesting - I like how they let you know what happens with people and show info about the medical personnel and their families...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I finished the October Faction.
I had some doubts about it right from the beginning and then stoped watching it half way thru. but then I felt like it needed a second chance. Then I was too close to the end. But I was right - right at the beginning - not worth watching.

Somewhat predictable but I'll give the writers the benefit of the doubt and the predictability may have been intentional But overall the plot development and the character development was messy and murky. I guess I could chalk that up to being intentional as well.

Overall I think this is a "skip it".

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
we watched the first three episodes last night and we are finding it very interesting - I like how they let you know what happens with people and show info about the medical personnel and their families...

Emma JC

we finished Season 1 last night and really hope they do a Season 2 - found it fascinating

then discovered there is an earlier series - Lenox Hill (2020) - one of the hospitals featured in Emergency NYC so we are going to watch that tonight

Emma JC

Reactions: Raven
we finished Season 1 last night and really hope they do a Season 2 - found it fascinating

then discovered there is an earlier series - Lenox Hill (2020) - one of the hospitals featured in Emergency NYC so we are going to watch that tonight

Emma JC
Yes, I read that too. I think I had read about that earlier show as it was to do with the pandemic.

We are still on Mindhunter series 2 at the moment.

Lenox Hill came out in 2020 so not sure how much of it will be to do with the pandemic - watched the first few episodes last night and so far nothing about it - it appears to be summer, so far, so maybe the end of it will include it - enjoying it as well

Emma JC

we have just 3 episodes left and it seems they are still in 2018 so unless they advance the timeline quickly I don't think there will be any that include the pandemic

Emma JC

I just googled it and it said in a special episode filmed during the COVID-19 outbreak, the doctors struggle to save the critically ill as the pandemic shuts down New York City, episode 9. I haven't watched any more of that, though.

I have two more episodes of Mindhunter to watch. I wish there was a third series.

I just googled it and it said in a special episode filmed during the COVID-19 outbreak, the doctors struggle to save the critically ill as the pandemic shuts down New York City, episode 9. I haven't watched any more of that, though.

I have two more episodes of Mindhunter to watch. I wish there was a third series.

ah, hmmm there are 9 episodes total that must have extended the timeline to include it - we just finished 6

yeah, I wish Mindhunter was longer too

Emma JC

I actually just watched the pandemic episode myself. It was very sad towards the end. Just texted someone I know who works as a paramedic. He had to stay in a hotel for some of 2020 as his Mother was high risk so he couldn't stay with her. Watching that reminded me of that time. London was so quiet during the lockdowns so probably similar to a city like New York. Seems weird that was 3 years ago. I have almost been out of London for one year now. The pandemic made me have a drastic change in my living arrangements!

I started this last night. It is pretty silly.

• Informative
I actually just watched the pandemic episode myself. It was very sad towards the end. Just texted someone I know who works as a paramedic. He had to stay in a hotel for some of 2020 as his Mother was high risk so he couldn't stay with her. Watching that reminded me of that time. London was so quiet during the lockdowns so probably similar to a city like New York. Seems weird that was 3 years ago. I have almost been out of London for one year now. The pandemic made me have a drastic change in my living arrangements!

yes, we watched it last night too - it was sad... I was so happy that the lady baby doctor moved to Cali just before the pandemic started...

Emma JC

• Agree
Oh yes, I just read back to see what to watch next, we will start Yellowjackets today.

We did watch the first episode of Beef last night. We couldn't get into it at all.

We started watching You instead as I forgot I keep reading that it is good.

I cannot think who the main actress looks like! I looked online and other people think she looks like other actresses, but I don't know who they are. Mackenzie Davis or Briga Heelan? No idea who they even are. So annoying!

340267852_1345531669369799_207121541758931135_n.jpg

Ricky & Antilly (Brandy) in After Life.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
we started watching Unstable (Rob Lowe and his son) last night and as they are short episodes we just have two left - it's silly and a bit of an eye roller and still kept us entertained

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou
I'd really like to watch After Life however my honey can't stand Ricky... grrr .... maybe I will try again tonight to convince him - Unstable was bearly watchable towards the end...... do not watch unless you're very bored

Emma JC

well, now I am confused because we did bring up After Life last night and discovered we had watched it up to the 3rd episode of the 3rd season - although characters looked familiar I don't really remember anything about it and we didn't find this episode interesting at all.... so weird

watched last week's Survivor instead

Emma JC

• Haha