The unpopular or otherwise, question thread.

Mind you, that was the most tasteless one I could find!

I have one similar to this one... definitely can not be accused of being practical ... but cool ;)
Maybe, in present days, those tasteless ones are not tasteless anymore. Maybe they are already vintage and bring up some notes of nostalgy.:rolleyes:
But those from another site are really cool. I do love futuristic design because i've always loved scifi.:p

Reactions: Andy_T
Indeed!

I should have said "a timeless design icon".

Like ... this one, maybe. 1985 Ford Mustang.

%2785-%2786_Ford_Mustang_5.0_Liftback_%28Orange_Julep_%2707%29.jpg

There are many ... well, some ... people who say that this is their favourite ... ;)

De gustibus non est disputandum ...

Indeed!

I should have said "a timeless design icon".

Like ... this one, maybe. 1985 Ford Mustang.

%2785-%2786_Ford_Mustang_5.0_Liftback_%28Orange_Julep_%2707%29.jpg

There are many ... well, some ... people who say that this is their favourite ... ;)

De gustibus non est disputandum ...
Yes, people were able to make things of a good quality then! Perhaps you would be surprised, but the same tendention is clearly seen in musical instruments industry. We'd owened a perfect piano, made in 1974, until a dumb tuning-man totally killed it. No examples, which were manufactored in 2000s could be compared to it.

And we had an ugly old car, and it was so reliable, that we considered it a member of the family. I was so proud to have been fixing it all the time with my dad. The most epic case was when we were replacing the third-speed synchronisator in the reductor by ourselves. It was hard, as we had no experience, and all the neighbours were making fun at us. But, finally, after 2 weeks of suffering, we succeeded:D

Reactions: Andy_T
I actually bought a piano from 1930 and had a (very good) piano tuner and restorator restore it to similar-to-new condition (new strings, new felts and mechanical overhaul, he had verified that the substance was solid before I purchased it).

The total cost on my part was about 1500 $ for a really solid and well-sounding upright piano as opposed to 5000 $ for the cheapest mass-produced Chinese monstrosity that you get offered when inquiring in music shops (which will not sound anything like new after 5 years, I was warned by people knowing pianos).

Reactions: Val and ledboots
This is a very reasonable and clever investment (your piano)! No one of the modern full-size electronic pianos can even utter the sound of a real one.
But did you have to replace all the inner parts? Im asking because i noticed, the older ones have some kind of a secret. If the mechanical overhaul is in the decent condition, it is better not be replaced, otherwise the new one wouldn't work. I presume, it is connected with the pre-tuned freqency of the decks, like in the case of choosing and buying a violin (every part is better to be authentic).

Why do people think saying "You look so pretty without piercings" is a compliment?
Do they think I'm just going to take out my piercings because they don't like it on my face? Do they not realize it's an unwanted opinion? That they should just keep it to themselves.

Why do people think saying "You look so pretty without piercings" is a compliment?
Do they think I'm just going to take out my piercings because they don't like it on my face? Do they not realize it's an unwanted opinion? That they should just keep it to themselves.

I've heard it said that if someone is worried that they might be losing their mind that they probably are not. And that people who are not in their right mind don't know that they're not. I wonder if that is true.

What is it like, driving this car?:flirt:

Not as comfortable as driving a modern car, to be sure, but fun, although more demanding.

Hot or cold, depending on where you live!
Loud, lots of vibrations, no power steering, less effective brakes, changing gears not as easy, lousy lights and windshield wipers, no "driver assistance systems" of any kind, less space inside.
Very likely not very good in case of a crash :(

I recently had the occasion to drive a VW beetle owned by a colleague - a cherished vintage car that he restored himself together with his father, and I must confess that, after some decades of driving modern cars, I found it less easy than I remembered it from the time when I learned to drive. (Of course, I was driving very slowly and timidly, as it was not an everyday car, but a cherished antique).

And, as his car is one of maybe 5 in Germany that has air condition (he searched very long, internationally, for a scrap beetle with air condition only to salvage that to put in his car), I also did not find much place to put my feet, which added to the slightly awkward feeling.

So, likely not a car you would want to drive every day in rush hour on your way to work, but on the weekend, in nice weather, in the countryside ... wonderful.

Best regards,
Andy

Reactions: Val
I don't believe that is always true.
Yeah, probably not. :) Sometimes I wonder how seemingly normal people snap and do something crazy. People who are interviewed often say, he/she seemed so nice, we never saw any indication of that type behavior. Makes me wonder how that happens.

And that people who are not in their right mind don't know that they're not. I wonder if that is true.

Well, as they say, if you are dead or stupid, then it is not really a problem for you ... only for the people close to you.

People who are interviewed often say, he/she seemed so nice, we never saw any indication of that type behavior.

Maybe because they catch the other ones, those who are crazy and obviously so, in time?

I am afraid that - especially earlier, in the 1950's to 1970's maybe? - there might have been many people who were not really a danger to themselves or others, but who still were confined to mental institutions and not treated correctly.

I sometimes thought of the dilemma ... if a reasonably "sane" person was, for whatever reason, confined to an asylum, s/he would basically have two options ... to violently protest the injustice (leading to the confirmation of the doctors' suspicion that the person was delusional and dangerous) or accepting it (leading to them being "rightfully" confined). So best to stay away from such places and - at all times - uphold the appearance of sanity...

Last edited:
How are people comfortable with getting naked and showering in front of people they don't know? I don't want anyone seeing my body and I don't want to see theirs :eek:

why do people claim they want to eat like someone from the paleolithic era if they still want to eat processed meats like bacon and burgers? Without the bun, of course :rolleyes: Pretty sure they weren't eating that.

Last edited: