The unpopular or otherwise, question thread.

"Resting ***** Face Syndrome". I have it too apparently.

I was once working cash at a fast food place in a food court about 15 years ago. After a while being there, the owner put me in the back as cook because I wasn't smiling enough. I THOUGHT I WAS!!!

Seems like people like to pressure others into smiling even if they don't feel like it.
Without emotion my lips point down. There's nothing wrong with that. >_>

Seems like people like to pressure others into smiling even if they don't feel like it.
Agree! I have a work colleague who was told she was too dour because she always was frowning. She was like, "Um, that's the way my mouth is shaped." People can be so clueless sometimes.

The thing about rbf videos, is that they say you're in a good mood but your face says differently. What if you're not in a good mood or bad mood? Do people really expect others to be in a good mood all the time? That sounds stressful. :p If I'm in a good mood, I think my face shows it.

Why is it that kids love pet rats and adults hate them? There are some exceptions, but usually the reaction I get from children is "omg so cute can I pet him?", while most adults don't want to go near them, think they have rabies, get upset if their kids are interested in handling them.

Last edited:
Why is it that kids love pet rats and adults hate them? There are some exceptions, but usually the reaction I get from children is "omg so cute can I pet him?", while most adults don't want to go near them, think they have rabies, get upset if their kids are interested in handling them.
I have had pet rats on numerous occasions since I was about 13 years old. One day, I will have them again. They are such fun, but have tragically short life spans

Reactions: Tom L.
I think that South African girl who survived the Paris attack is a fake.
I feel awful for saying it but eh. had to get it out.

I have had pet rats on numerous occasions since I was about 13 years old. One day, I will have them again. They are such fun, but have tragically short life spans
Yep. Very short life spans. The oldest rat I have is 2 and a half and I'm not sure if she can make it to 3. Can't imagine a life without them. Death is something I see often. Usually seeing a rat die makes me extra angry towards non vegans for supporting abuse. It's bad enough when they die of natural causes, to pay to have it done is so much worse. I usually try to supress that feeling, but death is awful and no one should feel it's ok to inflict it on others.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15
"Resting ***** Face Syndrome". I have it too apparently.

I was once working cash at a fast food place in a food court about 15 years ago. After a while being there, the owner put me in the back as cook because I wasn't smiling enough. I THOUGHT I WAS!!!

Agree! I have a work colleague who was told she was too dour because she always was frowning. She was like, "Um, that's the way my mouth is shaped." People can be so clueless sometimes.
I remember reading a newspaper article once about this- people (usually women) in some sort of "service" job being expected to be not just polite and competent, but all smiley and cheerful. The article told an anecdote of an airline stewardess who was asked to smile more by one of the passengers. She responded: "Could you smile yourself?" The passenger did, and she concluded: "Now, keep doing that for the rest of the flight."

It gets uncomfortable after a while. I wonder how the Supernatural cast does it for photo ops. Those things take hours to do.

I was wondering if the name for the joke religion Pastafarianism is offensive to Rastafarians....

Don't people realize there is an edit button for when they make a typo or for when autocorrect jumps in and replaces a perfectly good word with something ridiculous??

I often see typos on FB posts and the person will comment again, directly under their post with a typo, with a little * and the correction. Why not just edit and fix it?

Don't people realize there is an edit button for when they make a typo or for when autocorrect jumps in and replaces a perfectly good word with something ridiculous??

I often see typos on FB posts and the person will comment again, directly under their post with a typo, with a little * and the correction. Why not just edit and fix it?
That irks me as well... more than one might think.

Reactions: KLS52
My guess is they don't know how to edit.
More than likely. [emoji12][emoji4]

I always want to say something but don't want to come off like a smart a$$. And I'm really not very tech savvy. Maybe they find it quicker to just throw in a second post than to bother going back and making the edit.

My guess is they don't know how to edit.
It could also be they want to alert others who have read the previous comment. If you just edit it, other users might not notice it, whereas double-posting will trigger alerts, and are much easier to notice.

Who says you need to share a bed to have a queen or king sized bed? :p I couldn't imagine sharing a queen long term.. :eek: I think I would need 2 kings side by side to be comfortable :weird:

Reactions: PTree15
why is it that people call themselves pescetarian instead of fishtarian, or pollotarian instead of chickentarian? why do people take those labels seriously at all? Saying you're pesecetarian is the same thing as saying you're vegetarian but you eat fish. They are not a type of vegetarian, they are a type of omnivore