The Weather.

It's been in the upper 90's F all week, and very humid. We've had very short rains that only make it worse :yuck:
Air has been on, but not as much as I'd have thought. So happy my car has air :dance:
so so so so soooooooo happy my work is air conditioned :up:

We are supposedly getting thunderstorms at some point today, so I hope that cools things off a bit.

Far too hot and humid for my liking. I had to go out as I had a chiropodists appointment north of the city, and I
came back feeling soaking wet.
I'm going out to lunch with a friend today, and I'm not looking forward to the heat. I haven't been out of out the house for three days, except to meet with the awning and gutter guys, lol.

• Sad
  • Friendly
Reactions: Raven and shyvas
Now the weather is saying light rain showers and a gentle breeze so at least a cooler day. It is supposed to be 26 in London tomorrow.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
We got some rain but not sure it was enough so I'll have to check my plants this morning to see how wet they are. The actual storm never hit us but I could hear faint rumbles of thunder in the distance.

We got some rain but not sure it was enough so I'll have to check my plants this morning to see how wet they are. The actual storm never hit us but I could hear faint rumbles of thunder in the distance.
We got some good thunder boomers last night, and I thought the storms were over around 8, but apparently some more storms moved in overnight because the power went out. My microwave and stove clocks were flashing. I'm not sure how long it was out. Sadly, the heat advisory/warning persists. It was extended until Sunday. :( I really hate this weather.

• Friendly
  • Sad
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
It barely rained here. I went out this morning to check the plants and everything was just surface wet. I had to water everything. So weird. It's definitely extremely humid/muggy. Going to the gripe thread to complain about the bugs when I go for my morning walk...

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
It barely rained here. I went out this morning to check the plants and everything was just surface wet. I had to water everything. So weird. It's definitely extremely humid/muggy. Going to the gripe thread to complain about the bugs when I go for my morning walk...
Yeah, the coast was mostly spared the storms. Apparently in the northeast corner of CT there was all sorts of flash flooding. Plainfield got more than 4 inches of rain! We had a flash flood warning, but I think we escaped the worst parts of the storms.

Reactions: KLS52
Yeah, the coast was mostly spared the storms. Apparently in the northeast corner of CT there was all sorts of flash flooding. Plainfield got more than 4 inches of rain! We had a flash flood warning, but I think we escaped the worst parts of the storms.
I heard about Plainfield. Crazy! And four people were hit by lightning at a campground...Voluntown...never heard of it.

I heard about Plainfield. Crazy! And four people were hit by lightning at a campground...Voluntown...never heard of it.
Oh, yes! I'm wondering if that was at a campground or something. Voluntown is a small town near the southwest Rhode Island border, and it's pretty rural.

Reactions: KLS52
Lots of tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings all around the state! Thankfully none for me.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Lots of tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings all around the state! Thankfully none for me.
That was some crazy weather for a couple of hours. My friend who was going with me to the concert had a tornado warning and had to stay in her basement for a time. Luckily, the weather passed in time to be able to get to the concert. I was a little worried about driving in potentially bad weather, but it just rained a bit.

That was some crazy weather for a couple of hours. My friend who was going with me to the concert had a tornado warning and had to stay in her basement for a time. Luckily, the weather passed in time to be able to get to the concert. I was a little worried about driving in potentially bad weather, but it just rained a bit.
I saw that on fb! People were asking if it was safe to come out now. I think one was East Haddam or Essex. I'd be a mess if I got a warning like that.