Vegan frozen yogurt at TCBY? Get out!

There's about half a million different frozen yogurt chains around here (Pinkberry, Orange Leaf, then a bunch of independent ones), but no TCBY. I thought they went out of business, too.Which is sad because that almond milk 'fro yo' looks wicked good.

The whole 'fro yo craze' strikes me as kind of odd/annoying anyways. Frozen yogurt isn't a new thing, it's been around for a while. It's not much better for you than ice cream- especially when you're loading tons of toppings on it. I don't recall it being very tasty either.

Haha! Your post reminds me of the scene in Gremlins 2: The New Batch when a bunch of gremlins cause havoc in a frozen yogurt shop and a horrified customer yells "This is supposed to be HEALTH food!" I love that movie. :p

Haha! Your post reminds me of the scene in Gremlins 2: The New Batch when a bunch of gremlins cause havoc in a frozen yogurt shop and a horrified customer yells "This is supposed to be HEALTH food!" I love that movie. :p

See? And that movie is older!! It's not like frozen yogurt is this new and exciting fad!
Whatever. There is local ice cream chain that I go to that serves alcoholic sorbets. Mojito and Margarita sorbet :lick:

I don't see the dairy free one listed there.

Their sorbets are vegan, but sorbet just isn't the same as ice cream.

I'm hoping this move is incredibly successful and will influence other ice cream places to offer vegan options as well.

Me neither. I gather it is not listed because it is a new one.

I don't like sorbets ( you really can't beat ice cream) and furthermore they are loaded with sugar.

We don't get frozen yogurt overhere so I just make my own.

I will watch out for a TCBY next time that I'm in the States as I really enjoy FY.

Reactions: thefadedone
Please stop making jokes about that. It used to be cute, now it's just annoying. :rolleyes:
Don't recall making frequent jokes about this but consider me duly chastised. Sorry. :(

Wow you're our prime taster !

It doesn't look very creamy or is it the pic ? :D
No, it's not the picture. It really wasn't very creamy. The texture was more like what I remember ice milk tasting like. And it had a strong cocoa flavor instead of just a chocolate flavor. But don't get me wrong, it was still tasty. Just not worth a 30 minute drive except occasionally.

Thanks for the pic and the review KLS!

See? And that movie is older!! It's not like frozen yogurt is this new and exciting fad!
Whatever. There is local ice cream chain that I go to that serves alcoholic sorbets. Mojito and Margarita sorbet :lick:

Ours has wine ice cream. The mojito and margarita sorbets sound so much better.

Also agree with you about the Fro Yo craze. I didn't understand it at first (still don't) and I just assumed it was because 1. I'm old and 2. I'm vegan. I just figured it was just something all the cool dairy eatin kids were in to.:shrug:

Thank goodness you got the chocolate yum! ;-) $5 is a bit steep but at least it looks pretty big. :)

I believe it only comes in chocolate so far which sucks because they have offer so many other amazing flavors in the dairy ones.

Yeah, I'm really a vanilla girl when it comes to "ice cream". :)

I was excited when I saw the Silk FB post about this but when I looked for one near me, I was out of luck. Too expensive anyway and I can get So Delicious at the grocery store when I want ice cream. Thanks for the info KLS!

Reactions: KLS52
There used to be one here. Now the closest one is 90 minutes away. I will have to stick to Tofutti I guess.

It was soft serve...and self serve actually, lol. The young man had to show me how to work it. :)

KLS- It looks like chocolate flavored Italian Ice. Maybe it would taste better with toppings. Fruity things like blueberries or bananas would probably pair well. Nuts also.

I realized that there are quite a few TCBY locations that aren't listed on their site. They're not stand alone stores though so maybe that's why? The ones I found that were unlisted were located in rest areas on major highways. I'll have to call and see if they carry this option.

I find the self serve thing really odd. How does that work? Are there just a bunch of machines with different flavors all lined up?

KLS- It looks like chocolate flavored Italian Ice. Maybe it would taste better with toppings. Fruity things like blueberries or bananas would probably pair well. Nuts also.

I realized that there are quite a few TCBY locations that aren't listed on their site. They're not stand alone stores though so maybe that's why? The ones I found that were unlisted were located in rest areas on major highways. I'll have to call and see if they carry this option.

I find the self serve thing really odd. How does that work? Are there just a bunch of machines with different flavors all lined up?

I usually go to Pinkberry or the Golden spoon where you are served

. I don't like the self serve ones as you really don't know how much it's going to end up costing you. You just place the bowl under the nozzle and press down the lever. It is easy but I really do prefer to be served.

Chocolate flavored Italian Ice is a good way to describe it. It was much tastier when I got home...I did add bananas, cherries and pecans. Great minds and all. :)

The self serve is exactly that and what shyvas said. You then get charged by the weight of what is in the cup.

Reactions: thefadedone