Vegan frozen yogurt at TCBY? Get out!

Chocolate flavored Italian Ice is a good way to describe it. It was much tastier when I got home...I did add bananas, cherries and pecans. Great minds and all. :)

The self serve is exactly that and what shyvas said. You then get charged by the weight of what is in the cup.

Italian ice cream is very thick and creamy. It looks a bit watery to me. I wonder whether there is some fat in it as you do need a certain amount of the latter for it to be rich.

I just receive the following e mail from CS :

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail our Customer Service Department and for your interest in TCBY.
We recently just introduce a new frozen yogurt made with almond milk instead of cow's milk, and it has no other ingredients that are animal based. It is called Silk Chocolate Almond Frozen Yogurt. So you may want to give this a try when you visit southern California if the local TCBY store happens to have it at the time.

If you have any further comments or questions about TCBY, please do not hesitate to contact us again through our Web site at www.tcby.com.
Thank you for contacting TCBY.

Robert Schicker
Retail Customer Service
TCBY

It was watery. I was thinking Italian ice like sorbet more than Italian ice cream. Not sure which faded was referring to. It definitely is lacking in the creamy department.

Reactions: thefadedone
Update from TCBY:

"Due to the tremendous support and the best product launch to date of our new Silk Chocolate Almond frozen yogurt, some of our locations may have run out of product. The next shipment will be heading out to our locations the week of August 26 so will be back soon!"

Great news! Hopefully this will influence other businesses to jump on the bandwagon.

Update from TCBY:

"Due to the tremendous support and the best product launch to date of our new Silk Chocolate Almond frozen yogurt, some of our locations may have run out of product. The next shipment will be heading out to our locations the week of August 26 so will be back soon!"

Great news! Hopefully this will influence other businesses to jump on the bandwagon.

Yes, it is as it is just as easy to produce vegan ice cream. The only problem is that they should try and
improve the texture as if non vegans taste it, they'll think that vegan products aren't as tasty.

Reactions: KLS52
Yes, it is as it is just as easy to produce vegan ice cream. The only problem is that they should try and
improve the texture as if non vegans taste it, they'll think that vegan products aren't as tasty.

True. It seems to be getting rave reviews so far though by vegans and omnis.

I find it interesting that they went with almond milk instead of soy milk. Considering so many people are allergic to nuts. Then again there's also that group of people that believe the soy is evil and will make you gay myths :rolleyes: and refuse to consume it.

I'm glad they did go with almond though since I think it's far more superior to soy when it comes to taste, texture, and flavor.

True. It seems to be getting rave reviews so far though by vegans and omnis.

I find it interesting that they went with almond milk instead of soy milk. Considering so many people are allergic to nuts. Then again there's also that group of people that believe the soy is evil and will make you gay myths :rolleyes: and refuse to consume it.

I'm glad they did go with almond though since I think it's far more superior to soy when it comes to taste, texture, and flavor.

That is interesting !

Almond milk tastes far better than soya milk and prehaps that the vegan population doesn't have as many nut
allergies. Anyway you can't win - some people won't touch soya products. Prehaps they should have used oat or coconut milk ?:(

Reactions: thefadedone
My experience with coconut milk is from trying Soy Delicious Purely Decadent Mocha Almond Fudge ice cream with coconut milk instead of soy milk. My overall impression is that the taste was almost the same as the soy version, but the coconut flavor was strong enough to overpower the rest of the flavors. I don't mind coconut, but in small doses. I'd prefer to stick to the soy version.

Also, not everyone likes the taste of coconut at all, so if the only vegan version of fro-yo or ice cream was made with coconut milk, they wouldn't want to try it.

I have no experience with oat milk. Wouldn't the product taste too...oaty?

My experience with coconut milk is from trying Soy Delicious Purely Decadent Mocha Almond Fudge ice cream with coconut milk instead of soy milk. My overall impression is that the taste was almost the same as the soy version, but the coconut flavor was strong enough to overpower the rest of the flavors. I don't mind coconut, but in small doses. I'd prefer to stick to the soy version.

Also, not everyone likes the taste of coconut at all, so if the only vegan version of fro-yo or ice cream was made with coconut milk, they wouldn't want to try it.

I have no experience with oat milk. Wouldn't the product taste too...oaty?

If you're making a flavoured ice cream using coconut milk, you won't taste the latter. Basically, it really doesn't matter what kind of vegan milk you use as far as flavour is concerned. The other day I made fresh strawberry ice cream using coconut milk and you really couldn't taste the latter.

When I make coconut flavoured ice cream, I really do prefer to make it with coconut milk as opposed to soya.

Oatly (oat milk) products taste fabulous and they don't have a cereal taste, especially oatly cream. The only drawback is that the products are a bit expensive.

The only thing that I don't like about frozen yogurt that I have eaten is that it's not nearly as smooth and flavorful as soft serve, which makes the health aspects negligible at best for me as a vegetarian.

I made ice cream using Silk creamer once. It was pretty good since I think it tastes way better than soy milk. And it was definitely creamier than the TCBY almond frozen yogurt. The creamer doesn't have that soy taste that the milk has. I wonder why? I can't go near soy milk...makes me go yuck.

1149055_10151638150932690_860298213_n.jpg
Most recent pic from TCBY.

I have just read 6 pages on another forum about this product. It seems to be creating a lot of buzz as it is the 1st non dairy frozen yogurt sold in FY shops. I wonder why it took such a long time for them to come up with such a product ?

It doesn't seem that it is vegan as it is called 'non dairy' as it contains corn syrup in the list of ingredients.

The reviews are mainly positive. Many consumers are requesting more flavours and describe the product as a sort of Italian sorbet !

http://www.qsrmagazine.com/news/tcby-innovates-again-silk-almondmilk-fro-yo

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11007934.htm

Reactions: KLS52
I have just read 6 pages on another forum about this product. It seems to be creating a lot of buzz as it is the 1st non dairy frozen yogurt sold in FY shops. I wonder why it took such a long time for them to come up with such a product ?

It doesn't seem that it is vegan as it is called 'non dairy' as it contains corn syrup in the list of ingredients.

The reviews are mainly positive. Many consumers are requesting more flavours and describe the product as a sort of Italian sorbet !

http://www.qsrmagazine.com/news/tcby-innovates-again-silk-almondmilk-fro-yo

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11007934.htm

It is vegan. Corn syrup is vegan here.