Vegan frozen yogurt at TCBY? Get out!

I saw that the other day. I looked, but none near me. I remember them being in many places years ago.

I found one about 30 minutes from me. I'll call first before I make the trip. Will be worth going to try it if they actually have it. I tend to think they won't though. But it's probably just my cranky mood talking, lol.

I saw this on FB yesterday. I'm very curious about it. I was just near a TCBY a couple weeks ago while I was travelling out of town. I walked right past it, but next time I might check it out. The closest one to me is 30 minutes away though located in the same city with an all vegan café that not only carries a HUGE variety of vegan ice cream flavors, but also over 25 different milkshake flavors. So if I'm going to be in that area I'll be hitting up the café instead of a TCBY.

However, I will check it their other locations if I'm in those areas. They seem to be located mainly in malls and rest areas here.

I wish they would confirm that it's all vegan though. They've been asked several times and I did see one response where they said it was vegetarian. The ingredients appear to be vegan, but I don't know why they wouldn't confirm it was vegan and instead stated it was vegetarian.

I wish they would confirm that it's all vegan though. They've been asked several times and I did see one response where they said it was vegetarian. The ingredients appear to be vegan, but I don't know why they wouldn't confirm it was vegan and instead stated it was vegetarian.
I'll check into it a little more before I decide to go.That cafe sounds awesome!:drool: I'm sure I'd probably choose that over TCBY myself.

9:57 am...three more minutes and I'm making the call...

ETA: THEY HAVE IT!!!!! :D

Reactions: thefadedone
You can check on the ingredients list by clicking onto each flavour :

http://tcby.com/menu-nutrition/soft-serve/

I don't think that I've ever come acros a TCBY. Apparently the nearest one to the place where I stay, is in the West Covina Fashion mall.

I don't see the dairy free one listed there.

Their sorbets are vegan, but sorbet just isn't the same as ice cream.

I'm hoping this move is incredibly successful and will influence other ice cream places to offer vegan options as well.

Reactions: PTree15
There's about half a million different frozen yogurt chains around here (Pinkberry, Orange Leaf, then a bunch of independent ones), but no TCBY. I thought they went out of business, too.Which is sad because that almond milk 'fro yo' looks wicked good.

The whole 'fro yo craze' strikes me as kind of odd/annoying anyways. Frozen yogurt isn't a new thing, it's been around for a while. It's not much better for you than ice cream- especially when you're loading tons of toppings on it. I don't recall it being very tasty either.