Vegan Sandwich Fillings

Sometimes I just forget the bread and dip a spoon of butter in the sugar jar *leaves*

Your sandwich sounds really good!

Sugar sandwich.

Seriously...just dairy free butter and sugar....soooo naughty but nice!

I used to do this with a toasted raisin bagel or toasted raisin bread. The bread/bagel need to be toasted so the butter is all melty.

^ I want to try that now. I'd do it with brown sugar mmmmmm.

Today I had the most awesome sandwich. In sainsburys, you can buy roasted red peppers sliced in half and put in jars! I didnt realise this!! I thought roasted vegetables were something you had to bother making but apparently you can get them in jars. Why did I not know this?! So yeah I had a piri piri hummus, rocket and roasted red pepper sandwich. it was lush it was.

Amazing aren't they? Sure the jarred ones aren't as great as the real thing, but they are still really good and covenient!

I'm stuck in a "sandwiches are for lunch" rut and I've mainly been eating soup or having Hummus on flatbread instead of making sandwiches.
However I made some TVP sloppy joes a while back that were pretty good, my Tofu Balls with a marinara sauce also make a good sandwich, and I really like to fry a mess of Crimini Mushrooms and eat them in a bun (with or without fake cheese).

When I was a kid, we used to have a microwave pocket sandwich maker. Apple slices and cinnamon were a popular filling, and sometimes we would make pizza pockets with sauce, cheese (could use a vegan substitute) and pizza toppings (veggies, veg*n pepperoni, etc.)

peanut butter and radish sprouts on a garlic bagel
almond butter and apple butter on whole wheat

I call this stuff vegan Nutella (which may be a total lie, seeing I haven't had actual Nutella in a long, long time). Either way, it's friggin' delicious and they sell it at Target (kinda expensive, but worth it).

justins-hazelnut-butter.jpg

I have it on whole wheat bread as a sandwich, or sometimes I just dip strawberries in it. :drool:

I saw that spread at my local natural food's store but they only carried it in single-serve pouches. I bought one for a vegan package exchange, but I have yet to try it myself. A jar at Target has to be more economical than $1 for a single packet, haha.

peanut butter and radish sprouts on a garlic bagel
almond butter and apple butter on whole wheat

That reminds me, I saw a food blog a few weeks back that featured a peanut butter and fresh basil sandwich. I keep meaning to try it. I love fresh basil and I love things like thai curries with basil and spicy peanut sauce. The more I think about it, the more delicious it sounds.

I saw that spread at my local natural food's store but they only carried it in single-serve pouches. I bought one for a vegan package exchange, but I have yet to try it myself. A jar at Target has to be more economical than $1 for a single packet, haha.

It was about 10 bucks for a 12 or 16 ounce jar.

I call this stuff vegan Nutella (which may be a total lie, seeing I haven't had actual Nutella in a long, long time). Either way, it's friggin' delicious and they sell it at Target (kinda expensive, but worth it).

justins-hazelnut-butter.jpg

I have it on whole wheat bread as a sandwich, or sometimes I just dip strawberries in it. :drool:
At Target?!?! Must check it out.

Vegan Nutella would be right - Nutella is chocolate/hazelnut.