Vegan Sandwich Fillings

So as noodles are basically boiled unleavened bread, you're having a bread bread sandwich?
Pot noodles are more like what you guys call 'cup o noodles' you just add water in the pot it comes in wait 5mins and eat.
It makes a thick sauce too, so not just bready...its saucey too..little minx of a sandwich!

I remember these 'Po Boys from a soul food restaurant that were so yummy-
A big sub bun, sausage, bbq sauce, cole slaw, and french fries.
My version--
Sub bun with fat free refried beans, cole slaw with vegan mayo, and potato chips, and a drizzle of hot sauce

Thank goodness tomatoes are in! A sliced tomato sandwich with a few basil leaf slivers and vegenaise. Yum.

And did you like it? :)
Aha, yes! I made your herbed toast last night and it was really good with a big salad with roasted garbanzos. Thank you!

I love coming here; thinking of what to cook is the hardest part. Inspiration, that's really what it is. :D

Reactions: Sidhariel
During the week we mainly have cold dinner - meaning different bread varieties, fruits, tomatoes or cucumber and.... vegan spreads for me! I used to buy different ones, but actually it's much cheaper to prepare them at home. So that's a really nice thread here :)

Last week I tried this one: smoked tofu-bean spread aka "Vegan Liver Sausage" (the meat variety is a delicacy over here....)
1, Roast an red onion and some garlic in 2-3 T of olive oil. Reduce heat and add 2 T of soy sauce and 1 T of maple syrup. Let cool.
2, Mix onion-garlic mixture with c. 175 g sliced smoked tofu and 1/2 can of kidney beans. Add juice of 1/2 lemon. Blend well, but not too fine, leave some texture.
3, Season to taste with salt, pepper and marjoram or Herbes de Provence.
4, Keep the spread in an airtight container in the fridge (durable 4-5 days).

Spread on whole grain bread or fresh baguette and enjoy with mustard or chives sprinkled on top.
Attention: this spread has a very realistic bacon taste!

Tofutti cream cheese with sliced green (pimento stuffed) olives on a toasted onion bagel. :lick:

Reactions: Freesia
^ That sounds nice, especially if fried tofu was added....

Made something new for lunch today - vegan bolognese (made with meat free mince) in a garlic bread sandwich.
They have (beef) lasagna sandwiches in Tesco...Im not going to lie...(vegmince) lasagna sandwich is something I would have a go on.

I havent had sandwiches for a while. Might try a 'cheese' tomato and 'mayo' one today...

They have (beef) lasagna sandwiches in Tesco...Im not going to lie...(vegmince) lasagna sandwich is something I would have a go on.

I havent had sandwiches for a while. Might try a 'cheese' tomato and 'mayo' one today...

Yeah, I like the idea of a lasanwich. Wouldn't be too difficult... a layer of marinara with veg mince, a layer of cooked pasta, a layer of vegan cheese sauce. Might have to make one myself.

Me too. I stopped making them becuase I was using cheese on the top and didnt know what to replace it with. The tesco cheese is nice enough that M will probably eat it in a cheese sauce...so I may be making one soon!