What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fancy burritos....I cooked lentils and added taco seasoning, diced green chiles, and canned sliced mushrooms. I also sauteed fresh onion and green pepper in canola oil. I tossed a chopped tomato in the juice of a lime and salt. I had sliced black olives and green taco sauce. I even had some chopped romaine. I layered the first portion onto a large flour tortilla, and seconds was a salad without the tortilla.

I will be able to have this as a quick reheated lunch or dinner for a couple of days!

I grilled a couple portobello mushrooms on the BBQ, and did some roasted baby potatoes, with a heap of steamed broccoli. I had a bowl of salad after that.

Tonight I'm making a stir-fry, with a maple syrup and soy sauce, served over basmati rice. Sometimes I'll use a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies, but tonight I have lots of fresh. I love fresh bean sprouts in a stir-fry.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I just had spaghetti squash for the first time! :) I had it topped with homemade spaghetti sauce and nutritional yeast. I also had some almonds.

Reactions: Veganite
For the last 2 nights I've had sunflower seeds*. First night, after some potatoes, second night on it's own with a few beers.

This is not something I've ever done nor imagined myself having, on it's own or mostly on it's own for a meal. However, I felt strangely satisfied (mind, it was multiple handfuls of the things)

*Eaten with hulls - hulls are edible and much easier to chew I've found after boiling the whole seed first (in salt solution), then roasting until very dry (basically, heated until boiling water is gone and the dry seeds start to smoke a bit, then tested for chewability).

Boring? Unimaginative? Perhaps, but satisfied they made me feel.

Leftovers with fresh rice.

@hopeful

I love spaghetti squash. It's an easy meal. I do them differently every time, but it usually goes something like this...first I slice em in half (lengthwise) and bake them facing down for about 30 mins at 400 F. I bake them upside down to make sure the water leeches out of them first, before filling them. Next I turn them over and fill them with various things, but usually tomato sauce, with a bunch of sauteed mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc. I then bake them for another 20-30 mins. If you do vegan cheese, it would taste good baked on top, but I just do nutritional yeast, like yourself. I love them. They're very mild in flavour. They work incredibly well with the tomato sauce.

Reactions: hopeful
A bowl of watermelon and a smoothie made from spinach, summer fruit, flax and a banana! The smoothie is my go-to if I'm not very hungry, especially if what I've eaten during the day hasn't been great nutritionally.

I made some sausage style seitan. It came out really good. It was actually really juicy, and tender, with just enough seasonings for my tastes. I served it with a baked yam and coleslaw.

I made a bunch of burger patties tonight out of soaked and cooked black beans and brown rice, a little flax, caramelized onion, garlic and a variety of spices. So I had that on some toasted bread with pickles, cabbage, my homemade mustard and ketchup. Also some barley bread I made from scratch.

For lunch I used my air fryer and made some alexia criss cut fries. I also had a grilled cheese with Gouda follow your heart on Dave’s killer bread. Dinner was rice with gardien beefless tips and vegetables.

Tonight was a quick dinner, as I am tired from a busy day. I had a piece of Boca "chik'n," a banana, and Ben and Jerry's non dairy seven layer bar ice cream.

Reactions: Veganite
I'm just about to have some leftovers from last night. I am re-frying my yam and bean taco filling to freshen it up, then with some sliced avocado, cilantro and fresh lime juice, they'll pop with nice fresh flavour again. I'm hungry...time to get started.

@hopeful

I love the Ben & Jerry's part of your gourmet dinner. I don't have a huge sweet tooth, but it still made me chuckle.

Tacos with boca. Made a quesadilla as well.

For Dinner today I had a carrot, some onion baji, cooked onions, mixed salad, and chopped up pineapple. Followed by Swedish Glaze (vegan ice-cream).

Tonight I'm having baked purple yams with steamed Swiss chard, and grilled mushroom & onion skewers, brushed with some BBQ sauce.

Original plan was to have red beans and rice but I had to take a nap since I wasn't feeling well so had to go to the store for something quick since the beans are not done yet. Had tofurky brats, saurkaut and a baked small potato. For dessert I had haagen dazs chocolate truffle ice cream. Best icecream I've had. That one is made is soy.

So...I had a bunch of mushrooms I needed to use up, and what do I do? I go and buy more mushrooms. So I decided to smoke them in my electric smoker. I used a combination of crimini, which I had leftover, and some oyster, Portobello mushrooms. I smoked them with apple wood for about 45 mins to an hour. Then all I did was sliced them and sauteed them. I added just a tiny bit of vegan friendly BBQ sauce, and served it over a toasted bun with homemade coleslaw on top.

Wow, this was amazingly delicious, and....I have a heap of leftovers. I usually do my smoked shrooms in my BBQ, but the electric smoker infused way more flavour in them. I highly recommend trying this, if you like mushrooms. It's basically a mock pulled pork sandwich, but better in my humble opinion.

Reactions: hopeful
Status
Not open for further replies.