What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had quite an extensive lunch to match an extensive day. (Group projects, grumble grumble but rewarded with job interviews???)

Seed bread toasted with wild mushroom Field Roast vegan charcuterie, a whole avocado salted, and a banana. A handful of fresh whole radishes. Daiya blue cheez dressing to assist. I feel so luxurious describing it.

Reactions: hopeful
Went to taco bell. Got a potato taco and a rice and bean burrito.

I have a secret addiction to Taco Bell. I don't go much now that I've moved but back when I lived in LA I went constantly and got bean burritos, no cheese, add guac, extra onion, extra red sauce, add potatoes. I also had tostadas with no cheese, no dairy sauce, add extra beans and guac. Crunchwrap supremes are also fun done vegan-ly, I have had Taco Bell employees "help" me build vegan crunchwraps with potatoes or extra beans. I don't know about other states but in California they're absolutely conspiratory, like "let me help you make this vegan item, this is fun."

I have a secret addiction to Taco Bell. I don't go much now that I've moved but back when I lived in LA I went constantly and got bean burritos, no cheese, add guac, extra onion, extra red sauce, add potatoes. I also had tostadas with no cheese, no dairy sauce, add extra beans and guac. Crunchwrap supremes are also fun done vegan-ly, I have had Taco Bell employees "help" me build vegan crunchwraps with potatoes or extra beans. I don't know about other states but in California they're absolutely conspiratory, like "let me help you make this vegan item, this is fun."

I love the occasional Taco Bell! :)

Lately, it been oatmeal for breakfast, salad for lunch, stir-fry for dinner. Fruits in between.
Not very interesting so I don't always report it. :)

Delicious Field Roast wild mushroom charcuterie on FREE BREAD I scored on campus, with Daiya Blue Cheez and hot sauce as sandwich condiments,then a banana and an apple.

Wholemeal Sandwiches with homemade hummus (chickpeas, onion, garlic, jalapeno, salt), enchilada sauce (vegan of course), Cos lettuce and broccoli.

Good afternoon snack as well. Dinner is likely to be light.

Last edited:
Two vegan hot dogs with mustard, onion, pickle, tomato, celery salt, poppy seeds, vegan 1000 Island, sports peppers and sauerkraut. Sort of like a perversion of a Chicago dog ha ha.

For dessert I had almond-milk vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup, Oreo bits, and fresh raspberries.

I know it sounds like I went a vegan festival or to a fair, but there are places near by that (separately) sell both those things.

Shake: Soaked walnuts and pepitas, cacao powder, scoop of kale powder, fresh strawberries and jaggery, well blended.

I had spaghetti and marinara sauce. I may have some vegan ice cream or medjool dates as well.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Today, I had a piece of whole wheat bread with hummus and tomatoes on it. Then I had a medjool date.

I toasted Ezekiel bread and topped it with some melted Follow Your Heart provolone-style, along with slices of tomato and fresh basil from the farmer's market, seasoned with salt and balsamic vinegar. Vegan bruschetta!

(and a handful of my roomie's veggie chips!)

Wholemeal toast with avocado spread, a little salt, nutritional yeast and sunflower seeds. This was brunch since I didn't have breakfast this morning (after dinner beer = too many calories = no hunger this am).

Veggie patty sub from Subway with all the salads. Since there was no plain mustard option (just honey mustard), when I got home I added mustard and chia seeds to it.

Salad with home grown heirloom tomato, poppyseed dressing and basil with a side of chao and basil.

A mixture of chickpeas, flax and spices made into the form of hot dogs and grilled. On a whole wheat slices with jalapeno, Cos lettuce, mustard and ketchup.

I had tomato soup with a side of whole wheat bread and Earth Balance. Then I had some medjool dates. I have a pack of dates in my house at the moment, so I have been enjoying them pretty much every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.