What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake BLT, Frozen french fries, and a Starbucks Christmas Latte.

Used soy milk in the latte and you can barely taste the Christmas trees. I thought I was supposed to get a reusable RED cup with it. But didn't. I asked the barista and she didn't know anything about the RED cups even though they were on the blackboard. I looked around and didn't see any so I just skipped it. Maybe they just had a few and ran out.

Reactions: hopeful
leftover rice/beans with a side of sweet potato

(sweet potato done in the instant pot. and then baked as wedges in the oven with some spices, is like candy only better)

Emma JC

I've got a leftover sweet potato from Thanksgiving. I'm going to cook it in the Instant Pot and make Sweet Potato Humus

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Amy's lentil soup and some pasta with diced tomato, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and nutritional yeast. In separate bowls. A tiny slice of the giant turnip, raw. And chocolate soy milk that my roommate left behind for the holidays lol.

@Forest Nymph I just had Amy's lentil soup yesterday! It was better than I thought it would be. I had been a little skeptical, but I found it to be quite tasty. :)

@Forest Nymph I just had Amy's lentil soup yesterday! It was better than I thought it would be. I had been a little skeptical, but I found it to be quite tasty. :)

Nice! Yes I like Amy's Lentil and Lentil Vegetable soups. I think her split pea is too thin though. For that I make my own or get Anderson's original split pea (the one without bacon).

Reactions: hopeful
Lunch (actually brunch) today was leftover instant pot sweet potatoes and white potatoes grilled up with onions and garlic and mushrooms with a side of toast/peanut butter and grapefruit/banana/raspberries.

Emma JC

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Half an orange cauliflower, roasted and drizzled with milanese gremolata olive oil. It's honestly wonderful, I could legit eat multiple whole cauliflowers this way.

Some kind of cauliflower pita sandwich at a work party (special request for a vegan item) that was really good. I'm going to have to hunt down where they got the food cuz I want another one (and I want to learn how to make it at home!).

I just made falafel (from a box mix all I added was water and lots of fresh parsley and it's actually really good) with homemade tahini dressing.

Today, I had leftover falafel with hummus. Then I had a homemade (freshly baked) gingersnap cookie. :)

I just finished some baked falafel, hummus, and cucumber slices. Also, a glass of soy milk.

Due to the amount of food and drink consumed yesterday, I wasn't particularly hungry for breakfast. So this was brunch:

Leftover Vegan pizza from last night (see dinner thread if interested), and a salad: Cos lettuce, tomato, smokey tofu and a sauce made from fresh onion, garlic, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and salt.

It’s pretty close to noon and I didn’t have breakfast so this is brunch:

Smoothie: Water, rolled oats as flour, pitted dates (heated to soften), pumpkin seeds as flour, ice and frozen strawberries, blended.

This really good seeded baguette toasted under the broiler, with tofu slices pan fried in a little oil and liquid aminos, served open face with lots of marinara sauce.

I might have been going for something like an Italian parmesan sandwich but at any rate it worked!

I went to the Counter to watch football and had their Vegan Burger Bowl. And a beer.
Started up a conversation with the flamboyant lady next to me who turned out to be a transgender vegan. She was more interesting than the football game.

I had 2 smokey tofu sandwiches on wholewheat with mustard, onion, garlic, salt, broccoli and cabbage. Then I had some leftover lemon pepper Basmati brown rice/lentil tofu dish I made for the holidays (reheated from frozen). I stuffed myself and it's basically the only thing I've had today. I may have some more before bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.