What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homemade burrito wraps made from wholemeal wheat flour and stuffed with sprouted lentils, tofu scramble mixed with a bit of liquid smoke, lettuce, tomato, onion and garlic flakes, mustard and ketchup and salt.

Wraps again, wholemeal stuffed with shredded carrots, hash browns, olives, onion, garlic, lettuce, cabbage, tomato sauce and salt.

A smoothie (soy milk, banana, chocolate protein powder) and half a grilled Follow Your Heart gouda sandwich on sourdough.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Wholemeal wraps with potatoes, cabbage, onion, garlic, salt and ketchup. Some peanuts and sunflower seeds also.

My local co-op has ridiculous special sales on Tofurky roasts and Field Roast holiday roasts. I bought two of the Tofurky roasts (an original and a "ham") and threw the vegan ham in the freezer for Ironically Celebrating Murder Day (of both turkeys and native tribes) AND made the original roast last weekend because I couldn't wait. TODAY I decided that a 50% off Field Roast was basically the equivalent of sandwich food.

So I took two slices of the Field Roast and pan-fried them with mushrooms, red peppers, onions and spinach and ate it all on local sourdough bread. OMG SO GOOD.

It tastes even better knowing it was 50% off and I have enough left for at least three more sammiches.

Homemade wholemeal wheat wraps stuffed with a pinto bean paste (blended pinto beans that had been soaked overnight and cooked, with onion, garlic, cumin and salt), broccoli, jalapenos and tomato paste.

Wraps again

Wrap: Wholemeal wheat
Filling: Cos lettuce, brown rice, shredded carrot, fresh onion, powdered garlic, tomato sauce, jalapenos, miso paste

Lentil soup, brown ricecakes, and this potato "cheese" sauce my roommate and I made last night.

She started with a ton of potatoes, some carrots and cashews, and nutritional yeast. By the time it was over we had poured so much garlic, smoked paprika and salt into that blender! It turned out pretty good though, I usually make my sauces with a soy milk base, oil and flour or protein powder, and nutritional yeast, so it was interesting to try the potato version.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Hot N Spicy Basmati brown rice with veggies:

Nixtamalized Brown Basmati mixed with broccoli, tomato, caramelized onion, whole soaked and cooked soybeans, garlic, cayenne pepper powder, salt, white pepper powder, a dab of sesame oil, small amount of olive oil, and a quarter cap of liquid smoke.

So much for oil free today. I had a recent animal free meal from a noodle place recently, and I wanted to emulate the taste and mouth feel of it. Pretty close. Could have used a bit of sweet with that hot/spicy.

Annie's cheesy mac, kroger meatless tenders and a kale salad with home made tahini dressing.

Had something new to me.
I had some onion, green pepper and mushrooms in the bottom of the frig. Chopped them all up and sauteed them with a spritz of canola oil. I also had some good french bread in the freezer. I toasted it and put the sauteed veggies on. Some garlic aioli, a little vegan cheese, and some lettuce.
It was very good but the veggies tend to slip out of the sandwich. I may just wrap it up in a tortilla next time. I think the veggies can be reheated in the microwave.

It looks like I have enough for 2 or 3 more sandwiches.

Also maybe next time I'll try it with tomatoes and zucchini, too.

BTW, if any new vegans are ever thinking there is little variety in the diet vegan, five minutes in here should convince them. I don't think you will see the same thing on any one page.

Reactions: hopeful
Since its Hanukkah I decided to make batter for vegan potato latkes. They look fantastic frying in the Olive oil, I added potato flakes, salt, pepper, flour, baking powder, water, and fresh grated red onion. I hope the flax egg works out, maybe I should have used aquafaba.

I have dried dill and fresh curly parsley. I am using plain unsweetened cashew yogurt in place of sour cream. I also have applesauce.

Reactions: hopeful
frozen bean and rice burrito

it was a sad lunch

but it's my own fault for not doing the cooking when I had plenty of time to

Status
Not open for further replies.