What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soft shelled tacos:

Homemade Nixtamalized corn tortillas, scrambled tofu, hash browns, lightly steamed shredded cabbage with
Homemade Salsa: Tomato puree, tomatoes, onion, vinegar, garlic, red bell pepper, hot red peppers, salt, chili spice

So delicious I had to stop and let it settle lest I stuff myself. Still a novice at making the tortillas, they broke today but I think that's because I didn't wrap the dough balls in damp cloth before sticking in the fridge overnight. They didn't break last night.

I recently bought some industry made corn tortillas. They had numerous ingredients and were bland as. My tortillas have but 2 ingredients - Nixtamalized corn as masa and water and industry made blow by comparison.

Reactions: Veganite
^^ I had the same tacos cept replaced cabbage with broccoli and Cos lettuce - for breakfast and lunch today. Maybe for dinner too, I dunno yet. :eek::yum:cool:

Did everyone stop eating? Suddenly the food threads have been nearly vacated!

I have been eating my tacos again, Nixtamalized corn tortillas, Cos lettuce and sometimes broccoli, homemade salsa and Nixtamalized pinto beans (I found these can be prepared quicker (when dry, without soaking) using this method as well.) -as paste with onion, garlic, cumin and salt. Twas lunch and breakfast.

• Haha
Reactions: hopeful
Had a small salad (just lettuce, cucumber, just ranch) some roasted garlic hummus, guacamole and chips yesterday. I'll probably have hummus and chips again today. Haven't been that hungry the last few days.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Today, I had a wrap with Fakin' Bacon and tomato slices (with Veganaise). I took a voyage to a store with Fakin' Bacon, which was exciting as I am not generally able to get any.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Picked up a vegetarian cold noodle thing at the farmer's market.

Ice cream: Rolled oats as flour, frozen bananas w/peel, frozen strawberries, cacao powder, dates and tahini - well blended.

Reactions: hopeful
I am having a really early lunch. I got some Chao "cheese" slices a couple of days ago, so I made a grilled Chao "cheese" sandwich. It is my first time eating Chao, and it is amazing. I am picky about vegan cheeses, but this is downright delicious. :)

Wholewheat with miso spread (I will not spread it on that thick again...whoa sodium!) with lettuce. I also had some tomato soup with white pepper, salt (yes), garlic and onion and thickened with prepared barley and oats as flours.

Same as breakfast - homemade wholegrain (wheat) wraps with miso, sunflower seeds and lettuce.

Yesterday, I had a grilled Chao sandwich with Fakin' Bacon and tomato slices in it.

Leftover red beans, seitan and mustard greens.

Homemade wholemeal tortillas with bean paste (pinto beans, onion, garlic, cumin, salt) and lettuce with homemade salsa. Also some chickpea nuts.

Baked potatoes (two) with Earth Balance and Tofutti "sour cream."

Homemade whole wheat wraps with scrambled tofu, Cos lettuce, broccoli, tomato sauce, jalapenos, salt and garlic powder.

My baking skills have definitely improved. A good decent whole wheat flat bread from stretchy dough is easy for me now, whereas before it was hit and miss. Can't say the same for corn tortillas, though. Sort of hit and miss and they are harder to make. I can't get corn dough to stretch like wheat dough and they break easier after cooking. Anyway, making flat wrap bread from whole wheat, water and salt is probably a basic skill to many others but I'm glad I can do it now.

Wasn't hungry for breakfast so I had late breaky/early lunch:

Homemade whole wheat wraps stuffed with tofu scramble, hash browns, Cos and iceburg lettuce, broccoli, tomato pasta sauce, garlic powder and salt.

I had a grilled sandwich consisting of sourdough bread, Chao "cheese," Fakin' Bacon, and tomato slices. Then, I had a banana.

Sandwich. Sourdough, vegan aioli, spicy brown mustard, sandwich style dill pickles, "seitan lunch meat", lettuce, Chao cheese slice.

Reactions: amberfunk
Status
Not open for further replies.