What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green tacos

Homemade wholewheat soft tortillas stuffed with gently cooked lentil sprouts, Cos lettuce, broccoli sprouts, broccoli, and some homemade salsa.

I had a veggie burger at a local vegan restaurant today. The name is obviously a play on words "Meet". The burger, while a bit messy, was amazingly delicious.

Reactions: hopeful
Had a grilled cheese made with follow your heart's provolone on sourdough.

Some time after breakfast I snacked on some chickpea nuts that I coated in salt, garlic and onion powders.

Then I had burritos - homemade wholemeal wheat wraps with gently cooked lentil sprouts, broccoli, Cos lettuce, mustard, ketchup, garlic and onion powders and salt.

Last edited:
Field grain hot dog, saurkraut and brown mustard on a whole wheat tortilla.
a couple of tbsp of baked beans, and a couple of tbsp of canned peas.

Only had a soy latte for breakfast. But it was a Large. it was free cause my local coffee shop gives you a free whatever after your 10th cup of coffee.

A vegetable roll (sushi without fish, with vegetables), and a piece of Daiya key lime cheezecake. Yum!

I pan fried these little Field Roast maple sausages and put them on an English muffin with a little tahini, high quality dill pickles, and a bit of red onion.

SO GOOD. SO FALL-LIKE SOMEHOW. VEGGIE OKTOBERFEST.

Easy lunch: Wholemeal wheat spaghetti with tomatoes and Cos lettuce and a quick sauce made from onion and garlic flakes, salt, black pepper and water.

Also had a salad of the same veggies with a similar sauce but added apple cider vinegar, and a little more bread.

Leftovers from last night: a bowl of quinoa, chickpeas, red bell pepper pieces, and corn, all with a bit of lemon juice. Served with a little bit of Earth Balance and a hint of salt.

nothing :(

looking forward to homemade pesto gnocchi with broccoli for an early dinner :) and maybe a side of Facon

Emma JC

Homemade Wholemeal wheat wraps stuffed with avocado, tomato, cabbage, onion, garlic, homemade apple cider vinegar and salt.

Wait...did he say avocado? AVOCADO? The torture food of bee exploitation?!! Muhaha. Muhahahahahahaha. I'm such a bad vegan. So heartless. I'm probably not even as good as someone who eats Grandma's roast, eggs and cheese on a routine basis- or agrees with that as being "sufficiently Vegan". Oh, I am demoted. Not even level 4. Level 1. Maybe level 1/2. Muhahahaha.

Peanut butter sandwich, sunflower seeds, carrots and saltines.

Same as breakfast, since I made more than I could eat then: Vegan taquitos - made with wholemeal wheat instead of corn, with pinto bean paste filling (Nixtamalized pinto beans, onion, garlic, cumin, salt), and cabbage with a little tomato paste as well.

I had a Fakin' Bacon wrap with tomato, then a smoothie.

Meh.

I was out today and in the city so I went to the food court. Decided against Subway, wanted something with noodles. First place was Asian but all the noodle dishes had ham or other meat in them. Found another place, Ramen noodles with tofu and mushroom in Miso soup. Sounded good. I asked to make sure no animal products. Told no.

Tasted ok...but smelled sort of like egg. My tums didn't feel well after either. I think I'll pass next time.

I had another Fakin' Bacon wrap with tomato, as well as a glass of soy milk.

Status
Not open for further replies.