What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making some spinach gomae today. I'll have that with some homemade veggie rolls.

I had a sheet of nori left so I marinaded some strips of tofu in tamari, seaweed flakes and garlic and put it on the nori with rice, cucumber and sprouts. Made a good roll. Also had a seitan sandwich with sprouts and some french fries.

I downtown today, had some Thai food. I had what was supposed to be a mild/medium vegan Pad Thai. It was good, but very spicy.

Going to be making pizza. Want to try a breakfast pizza with scrambled tofu and lightlife bacon.

one pot lunch - frozen baby brussel sprouts in boiling water, added udon noodles, then poured into strainer over half a can of rinsed lentils, into the bowl and added rice vinegar, soy sauce, hot sauce and a tablespoon of tahini - I am stuffed....

I was going to make some more rice and beans, but realized I had some tempeh in the fridge that needed to be used up. I made a tempeh sandwich with some avocado and fresh alfalfa sprouts.

Yesterday, I had brown rice with chickpeas. Today, I may go out for sushi and vegan ice cream! :)

I had a shake for lunch: Frozen banana pieces (with peel), dates, peanut butter and cocoa powder blended with water. I didn't have quite enough, so a few hours later I had some whole grain toast with Vegemite.

Yesterday I had some sushi that I had made the previous day, some pears and a little bit of black beans and greens.

Today is the same black beans and greens but I'm adding my gumbo sauce and a grain mixture to it to make it better tasting.

Yesterday, I had whole grain pasta topped with Earth Balance, nutritional yeast, and broccoli.

Yesterday I had a curried Buddha bowl from my favorite raw vegan place. They sell them for half price the following morning, so I usually pick one up for lunch on Saturdays.

A generous serve of mashed potatoes (about 4 medium sized potatoes). For the mash I made a "milk" from a blend of un-hulled tahini, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, smoked paprika and water. Also added some soaked pepitas.

Brown rice and lentils (soaked overnight then cooked), with caramelized onion, garlic, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and nutritional yeast. Topped with pizza sauce. Also a fair amount of Chinese cabbage thrown in + 2 slices of wholegrain bread with Vegemite.

I ended up going to a mall today, where there is a sushi restaurant. I got some steamed edamame, a cucumber roll, and an avocado roll. To be honest, they were not great, but they were decent. I happen to like the restaurant more for its atmosphere than it's food. It's really neat, because the food goes around on a conveyer belt and you just pick the things you want as they come by your table. I knew going in that the food was so-so, but it is a fun place to go, and it was the best option at the mall for vegans.

Black beans that I cooked yesterday on top of jasmine rice with a small salad of romaine and a quinoa/lentil ball I made two days ago.

Yesterday, I had a veggie burger (without a bun, as the buns weren't vegan) with tomato, french fries, and a small amount of a chocolate smoothie that I didn't like very much. The veggie burger and french fries were really good though!

Status
Not open for further replies.