Whatcha Eatin?

This made me curious - was this your breakfast? Do you cook the steel cut oats together with the split red lentils?

yes, I find the oatmeal doesn't stick to my ribs for the whole day and so when I cook steel cut oats (1/2 cup) I put in about 1/3 cup of split red lentils as well and when I have rolled oats, as I will be today, I add in soy curl crumbs...

technically it is breakfast however we don't usually eat before 12-1 pm and on steel cut oat Saturdays it can even be a bit later - you don't really notice the lentils as they end up the same colour as the oatmeal and it just adds bulk and satiety

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

going to have our usual breakfast beans on toast except this time I am going to add a 1/2 can of white kidney beans to the can of breakfast beans to up the bean content - onions and jalapeno in the the mix as usual as well as spices, chipotle sauce and hot sauce on top - orange/banana slices too

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
The cashew cream on the French toast is so sweet and good I didn't even need syrup...and you guys know how I love my sugar, in any form lol.

Reactions: Qettesh and PTree15
I only meant to have a handful, but I had half a bag of Aldi Maui Onion kettle chips. It is a good thing they're specials :shrug:
I have no fruit other than frozen berries

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
^I haven't tried those ones yet.

I'm having a vegan lasagne as I woke up hungry.

Reactions: Emma JC