Nutrition & Diet April Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it so hard to get motivated at the moment?! Wow. So tired & lazy.

Anyway, I'm about to do my 30 day shred workout followed by 45min cardio on the bike.

Definitely recommend the 30ds to anyone. I have never done it for 30 consecutive days...maybe 3 or 4 times a week & it helped me build a LOT of muscle.

You can do it, raggle!
I'm a little frustrated this morning, as I weighed in and didn't lose an ounce after a very diligent week of good eating and lots of exercise. I suppose it could have been worse, as I could have gained! All this effort has to pay off at some point, so I'm not giving up, but I do have a case of the grumpies this morning.

I brought my workout gear to work, so I'm going to hit the gym a little later for weights and some cardio. I worked really late last night and just needed some sleep. Hope everyone is having a good, healthy day!

I haven't weighed in all month - I had a week at home at the very start and now I'm scared to, because I ate out almost every night (and my mum likes to feed me lots anyway), and I didn't excersise, and I drank a lot of alcohol, so my weight is probably up.

However, I think for the most part I'm getting enough protein. The skipping is getting better, I can do a little over a minute. And I'm back at pole dancing, so in a few weeks I should be seeing some weight results. Boyfriend is pole dancing with me this time, too :D

I have done well with the walking; an hour every day I was off. I don't think I cut back on eating enough though. I doubt I have lost any weight. I will weigh sometime over the weekend.

I've had a smoothie and fruit for breakfast every day this week and a healthy lunch :)

Got my running bag with me, so should get 5k in after work. Looking at yoga classes.

I'm not sure if I'm eating better because I have more energy or if I have more energy because I'm eating better or if it's a virtuous cycle or what but I'm definitely getting by on less sleep and feeling good.

My problem is I feel like I can't deviate on the eating or Ill lose the habit (it's just not natural enough for me). I've done this before and I always manage to slip back into old habits. I'm still enjoying my smoothies and lunch but I definitely need some more lunch ideas before I get sick of the same thing everyday.

I'm having whatever I like for dinner because that's what I'm doing :p

What are you having for lunch at the moment?

I'm doing ok on the exercise part :) but not so much on the food. Mainly because I'm eating SO MUCH. But whatever, it's mostly healthy.

I wouldn't worry if you're eating healthy stuff! It's all nourishment :)

I'm having avocado and cucumber sandwiches :p

Yum. I have houmous a lot for lunch...with carrots or vegetable sticks, ryvitas, in a wholemeal wholemeal bread sandwich. Lots of different houmous variations. Or soups!

Today I have some tomato soup to heat up at work & some vegetables to steam in a microwaveable steam bag & have with houmous. For snacks I have a Nakd bar, banana, apple & orange. :)

Reactions: PTree15 and yally
I walked today with a friend at a trail near a reservoir. Very pretty walk and we did about 3.4 miles, so that was decent. Tomorrow, my sister and I are going to do a hike near the beach. It's supposed to be 55 degrees and sunny. Should be a nice hike :).

Food is going well. I've resolved to limit white carbs to one meal a day and focus more on veggies and protein. I am making seitan right now and am going to try Chloe's Kitchen's Mongolian BBQ Seitan, minus the mushrooms, of course. :D

Yesterday I got up early and did half an hour of yoga. Ate well and walked round the park and up a massive hill to get a good view of London.

About to do a 15 minute cardio DVD in an effort to wake up a bit. May fit a run in later but I have a project to do and I get really sleepy post run (when I've got work to do ;) ). If I don't run, I'll do some yoga later.

Only lost .2 lbs last week. I seem to be losing my motivation to stick with the diet. I'm snacking more when I spend evenings at home, though I'm pretty good at resisting at most other times.

I did not lose anything... in fact GAINED less than a pound... probably just the fluctuation that happens throughout the day. Was discouraging though. I have decided I have to go back to my previous eating habits when I lost all the weight initially. I was much closer to vegan then and have to go back that way now. I have to stop buying all that frozen food and NO MORE pre-made goodies. I am an emotional eater so I simply can't have that stuff in my house.

I did not lose anything... in fact GAINED less than a pound... probably just the fluctuation that happens throughout the day. Was discouraging though. I have decided I have to go back to my previous eating habits when I lost all the weight initially. I was much closer to vegan then and have to go back that way now. I have to stop buying all that frozen food and NO MORE pre-made goodies. I am an emotional eater so I simply can't have that stuff in my house.
I hear you on the goodies. I can't have certain foods in the house because I can't stop eating them, e.g., potato chips and certain vegan ice cream treats (those coconut-milk ice cream sandwiches are sooo good).
You are probably right about the fluctuation. Did you have a lot of sodium the day before? It can hide in so many foods you wouldn't think would be loaded with it.

I had a pretty good weekend food-wise and exercise-wise. I did no snacking for once. I'm trying to eat only when hungry, which is a daily struggle for me. Sometimes I eat something just because I want something tasty, like sugary treats, or something crunchy, like popcorn -- even when I'm full. It often has nothing to do with hunger. I'm trying to tell my brain to think of food like fuel and fill up only when necessary.

I did do that beach/woods hike with my sister on Sunday, and we kicked butt. We did five miles with a few hills (it was mostly flat, though) in less than two hours, including stopping for lunch for 20 minutes. I was also carrying a backpack that weighed about 12 pounds, so that was good. It was a sunny day, but it wasn't as warm as advertised. Very windy, but still a great hike.

Today, I woke up kind of late, so I didn't get in as much cardio as I would have liked -- only 20 minutes, but normally, I would have bagged it because I couldn't get in my minimum of 45. I'm trying to ditch my all-or-nothing mindset. Something is always better than nothing. I did get in all my weight-training, though, and it took a good half hour. I was pleased.

Fromper, don't give up! Those small losses will add up before you know it. Just keep plugging away. It has to pay off at some point.

Well, part of the problem is that it already paid off. I lost over 11 lbs, which is pretty good. I was never really fat, just a little bigger than I wanted. So I'm at that point where I keep thinking I've done enough for now, so it might not be worth the effort to try and lose even more. If I could lose a total of 20 lbs before quitting, that would be ideal, but I could be satisfied with just losing 11.

--Fromper
:juggle:

Reactions: AeryFairy
Wow, that's awesome that you lost 11! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.