Nutrition & Diet April Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still doing alright, got in a slow run this evening pleased because 1) hangover

2) vaginally anaemic

Yay! & wait what (@spoiler...)

I did do it. 60min cardio :) feel quite a bit better.

Reactions: PTree15
Glad to hear everyone's hanging in on the exercise front! I have done well this week with that. Today I did 25 minutes of weights and 30 minutes of a fast walk around the grounds at work. I'm doing fairly well on the food, too. Now I just need to see the scale move a bit. I weigh in on Friday. *fingers crossed*

Reactions: yally and AeryFairy
I'm still not exercising. But the fact that I walk to the trains every weekday on my way to and from work, for a total of about 35 minutes of walking both ways, is a lot better than what I used to do.

I'm still trying to stick to the diet, but not doing a great job. I keep giving in to temptation on snacking. And the fact that I haven't slept well this week has led me to drink a couple of sodas for the caffeine, which is extra calories I don't need. I think I've probably stuck with the diet enough to avoid gaining any weight this week, but I doubt I lost much, either. We'll see at tomorrow's weigh in.

--Fromper
:juggle:

Any additional movement is good, Fromper. It's more than what you were doing previously. It's probably helping you offset the snacking. :)
I had another good workout today: 25 minutes on the spin bike and 20 of high intensity on the treadmill. Food is going well so far this week. I had fresh blackberries for breakfast with tea and some almonds. Am trying hard to keep white/refined carbs out of my breakfast.

Reactions: hungryraccoon
If I'm not doing very well I always go to mindbodygreen.com & find a few good articles to read. Not all of them are relevant but you can usually find something to help. :) Just in case people haven't heard of the site. It may interest some of you!

If I'm not doing very well I always go to mindbodygreen.com & find a few good articles to read. Not all of them are relevant but you can usually find something to help. :) Just in case people haven't heard of the site. It may interest some of you!

Very cool site! Thanks for sharing it.

Lost another .2 lbs in my weigh in this morning. This seems to be a trend. Either I lose 3 lbs or .2, never anything in between. At least I haven't had a week where I've gained anything since mid-February, so I'm moving in the right direction, even if I'm doing it slowly.

--Fromper
:juggle:

I finally lost some weight. :) Four pounds this week. I was super-vigilant with food and worked out six days for the week, and the number finally budged! Some of that was probably water weight, but I will take it. I basically cut my portions. I'm eating the same foods, but I'm eating about half of what I had been. So far so good!

I finally lost some weight. :) Four pounds this week. I was super-vigilant with food and worked out six days for the week, and the number finally budged! Some of that was probably water weight, but I will take it. I basically cut my portions. I'm eating the same foods, but I'm eating about half of what I had been. So far so good!

Well done, that's so awesome!

Thanks, AeryFairy! I am off to a good start this week as well. I hiked on Saturday (good climbing, rock scrambling) and took a 4+ mile walk yesterday. This morning, I did the spin bike at the gym and did weights. I was pretty good with food over the weekend as well. No real disasters, though I did allow myself one beer and two small glasses of wine. :)

Got a run in yesterday and a new yoga DVD today. Still eating pretty well but am in danger of dropping it if I'm not careful.

Today is going ok, had my smoothie and a great yoga session.

Stressed out with studying and just made some Nutella and had 'chicken' nuggets for lunch.

Still have the rest of the day to make up for it but going to give myself a break if today isn't the healthiest of days.

Congrats to the "losers!" I managed to lose almost a pound which I think was water retention from eating those yummy salted mixed nuts; they are gone now... NO MORE for me! I am walking on my days off and I found some core/abs videos on sparkpeople.com that I am going to try to do a couple times a week. All my weight gain is around my middle and I HATE it. Headed out to walk now.

Good for you, Chryssie! I just joined sparkpeople myself. I'd been doing Weight Watchers, but I got sick of paying every month to basically lose a pound every other month. SP is free :D.

Good for you, Chryssie! I just joined sparkpeople myself. I'd been doing Weight Watchers, but I got sick of paying every month to basically lose a pound every other month. SP is free :D.

I have been on sparkpeople for years. I am Chryssie718 on there if you want to be my spark friend. :D I have met a few women in my area through the website. I use to be in a small group that would jog but they are much younger and got really into the whole RUNNING thing... races and such and then I started working and the group fell apart. I still see one of the women on my walking trail though.

I have been on sparkpeople for years. I am Chryssie718 on there if you want to be my spark friend. :D I have met a few women in my area through the website. I use to be in a small group that would jog but they are much younger and got really into the whole RUNNING thing... races and such and then I started working and the group fell apart. I still see one of the women on my walking trail though.
Oh, cool. I am PTree15 at SP. I would love to be your spark friend :). I like that SP also has the nutritional breakdown of carbs/fat/protein and what-not. It's helpful to know your daily nutrient needs and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.