Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes, I left things to the last minute today. I'm taking a couple bananas and running out the door. So banana for breakfast today, sadly.

Red beans and rice that I had cooked yesterday and throwing in some crispy crowns with it.

I had a huge heirloom tomato and avocado open-face, toasted sandwich, topped with homegrown alfalfa sprouts. It was delicious.

Pumpkin flax cereal and two primal strips. One was seitan chilli lime and the other was hickory shiitake mushroom.

I'm having a mixture of muesli and vegan granola, topped with a banana, and ground flax.

Granola cereal with pumpkin seeds, flax, banana and raspberries.

I am planning to have overnight oats that I set up last night with vanilla soy milk. I added a banana this morning.

Soft shell breakfast burritos: Soft shell filled with a smear of Vegemite, potato gems, Chinese lettuce, soaked pepitas, ketchup, onions and garlic.

Lightlife bacon, tofu and romaine on pita with a hashbrown.

I will be having overnight oats with vanilla soy milk. I will add a banana (if there are any left) or strawberries.

Soft shell breakfast burritos: Soft shell filled with a smear of Vegemite, potato gems, Chinese lettuce, soaked pepitas, ketchup, onions and garlic.

Same without the Vegemite this time and with a homemade mustard sauce.

More overnight oats will be my breakfast this morning, topped with a banana and maybe strawberries as well.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
I just finished a bowl of half muesli and half granola, with some fresh berries and ground flax.

Pancakes this morning (blended rolled oats, flax seeds and water) with a Medjool date syrup and blueberries on top. I only made a few so I topped it off with some more toast and Vegemite.

Reactions: hopeful
Nekodaiden - That sounds amazing! I love madjool dates! I just ordered a cookbook that I believe has a recipe for date syrup. It should be arriving tomorrow, so hopefully I will be able to make some too!

This morning, I had more overnight oats. I think I am going to spice things up tomorrow and have something else.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Nekodaiden - That sounds amazing! I love madjool dates! I just ordered a cookbook that I believe has a recipe for date syrup. It should be arriving tomorrow, so hopefully I will be able to make some too!

This morning, I had more overnight oats. I think I am going to spice things up tomorrow and have something else.

It was quite good. The syrup I made was no frills...basically I just pitted some medjool dates, boiled them in a little water to soften, blended them, then heated again. The consistency was eh, sort of like syrup - I suppose I could have just boiled down the date water instead using all the date for a true syrup but I wanted the whole fruit. As I type this I just made a rather large batch (using the whole fruit) with water and filled a 750ml container. Quite simple and easy, nothing wasted. :)

Reactions: hopeful
Status
Not open for further replies.