Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this morning, after prepping a couple things last night ahead of time, I tried out Dr. Greger's morning grain bowl recipe from his cookbook. I used quinoa for mine. It was quite a mix of flavours, and incredibly satiating.
Let me share the recipe with you...

Morning Grain Bowl by Doctor Greger

1.5 cups of cooked whole grains--Choose from brown rice, quinoa-rinse, or oats (Rinses your rice or quinoa)

1/3 cup of cannellini beans

3/4 cup almond milk

3 Tlb. ground flaxseeds

3/4 inch grated fresh turmeric (or) 1/2 tsp. ground (wear gloves)

1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger

1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

1/2 ripe banana (Low 50 GI)

2 dates (Low GI) https://adrenalfatiguesolution.com/fruits-lowest-glycemic-load/

Put ingredients in your food processor and blend ingredients. Put sliced banana on top.

Benefits:

Tumeric-speed recovery after surgery, anti-inflammatory compound (Dr. Michael Greger recommends 1/4 tsp. daily.) (Turmeric may help regulate blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes, according to UMMC.)

Ginger-too many benefits to list! https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/health-benefits-of-ginger/

Reactions: Emma JC
Made waffle fries and a smoothie this morning. I never make smoothies for myself but I didn't want anything else to eat and needed something else.

I actually made a tofu scramble for the first time this morning. I'm not a huge tofu lover, but since I finally found some black salt, I wanted to try a scramble. The black salt really does have a subtle egg flavour. I highly recommend it, if you miss the taste of eggs for breakfast...or lunch. Heck, I'll probably even try an egg salad sandwich now.

For me, the only thing I disliked about tofu is the texture and lack of flavour. So...if you give it a bit of texture, and flavour it, it's actually pretty tasty.

I actually made a tofu scramble for the first time this morning. I'm not a huge tofu lover, but since I finally found some black salt, I wanted to try a scramble. The black salt really does have a subtle egg flavour. I highly recommend it, if you miss the taste of eggs for breakfast...or lunch. Heck, I'll probably even try an egg salad sandwich now.

For me, the only thing I disliked about tofu is the texture and lack of flavour. So...if you give it a bit of texture, and flavour it, it's actually pretty tasty.
For a tofu salad similar to egg salad drain and freeze the tofu first for a few hours at least and then defrost it. It will give it a way better texture. Make sure to use at least medium firmess tofu. That's how I always make mine. It's awesome.

This morning's fare:

2 cups coffee with sesame seed milk
A green smoothie: powdered kale, celery, carrot and soaked pumpkin seeds
Two hash brown sandwiches with tomato, salt/pepper, Rosemary and ketchup.

Not sure I'll be having lunch today, still feel full.

Last edited:
That grain bowl I had from Dr Greger's cookbook was so good, I made another one this morning. I did post the recipe. I highly recommend trying it.

Last edited:

When I do a scramble I do onions and peppers and any other veggies I have available, put them to the side, scramble the tofu with the spices paprika/garlic/onion/black salt/cayenne etc and then add the veggies back in to finish. I made this on Sunday and included whole cherry tomatoes with the veggies and the bursts of flavour were amazing with the scramble. A side of brekkie beans, some fruit and toast makes it a great meal. Oh yeah, I had some smoky tempeh with it too.

Today I just had a froz pineapple/blueberry with banana smoothies. Put in some PB powder, cocoa, cayenne, almond milk. A plain warmed pita on the side.

Emma JC

Reactions: Veganite
I just had a bowl of muesli mixed with vegan granola, topped with a banana.

A cup of overnight oats made with soy milk, and a strawberry soy yogurt.

Hash brown sandwiches with raw onion slices, tomato, broccoli, crushed flax seeds, ketchup, salt and pepper. Oh, and a little Vegemite.

@Nekodaiden

Geez, I saw Vegemite as Veganite and mistakenly thought you were eating me for breakfast ;)

I'm making steel cut oatmeal this morning.

I should be having oatmeal, but my hand reached for the peanut butter. So I'm having peanut butter and banana on toast. It must be my subconscious ;)

@Nekodaiden

Geez, I saw Vegemite as Veganite and mistakenly thought you were eating me for breakfast ;)

I'm making steel cut oatmeal this morning.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Veganite
A smoothie of celery, carrot and kale, followed by a few hash brown sandwiches with avocado, salt, pepper and ketchup

@Nekodaiden I got a chuckle from that, thank you!

I'm having my green tea at the moment, but oatmeal is on the menu this morning. I got some fresh berries yesterday. Yum!

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Cooked tofu with water, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and turmeric with greens, wild rice, seitan and toast.

I'm making a shake with hemp heart milk, spinach, peanut butter, banana, blueberries, and some ground flax. Mmm, breakfast!

Status
Not open for further replies.