Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breakfast burrito made with sweet potatoes, bell pepper, black beans, tofu scramble, onion, salsa, cilantro and nooch

Reactions: hopeful
Late breakfast/lunch was Toast with Vegemite, hash browns, Cabbage and also something approaching bulgar (but not wheat and finer) that I made with hulled barley that I soaked overnight, blended with some flax and then cooked.

today is a heap of fruit - blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, pineapple, banana with a side of steel cut oats with maple syrup, chia seeds and flax meal

I had a bowl of granola and muesli mixed, topped with a sliced ripe banana.

Something a little different for me this morning...

Corn balls with salad

Corn balls are Nixtamalized* corn mixed with crushed flax seeds and oat flour (all cooked) with a variety of spices.
Salad of raw broccoli, tomato, carrot, cooked mushrooms
Simple dressing of apple cider vinegar, salt, a few drops of sesame seed oil.

Nixtamalization adds a broad spectrum of minerals (in fairly large amounts) to the grain treated, and makes Niacin greatly more available in corn, which is otherwise bound up and not very available in this particular grain in it's raw and un-soaked form. I used wood-ash for the Nixtamalization process.

Last edited:
Homemade gf banana bread (made with oats), and some chia-cherry-berry pudding (mixed berries, cherries, banana, and chia seeds)

Reactions: hopeful
leftover steel cut oats from yesterday mixed with blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, banana and sprinkled with PB2

I am having my morning cup of tea, while I cook my oatmeal. So this morning, fresh steel cut oatmeal, with some mango, papaya, and hemp hearts on top.

Breakfast shake: rolled oats (flour), shelled sunflower seeds (flour), banana pieces with peel, strawberries, water, blended.

Made potato pancakes with some leftover mashed potatoes that I made a few days ago. Topped it with tofutti sour cream.

Breaky today was extremely simple:

2nd day sprouted Barley, blended into a fine consistency with a bit of water and gently heated. A little sugar added. I didn't strain it and 1/2 cup of sprouts + water actually satisfied me for hours. I had a fair amount of calories last night so that may have played a part but I'm guessing the fairly high mineral content and higher B complex vitamin content for sprouted grain played a part too. I think I will try to keep up with the sprouting of cereal grains and incorporate them into meals/dishes.

Avocado toast (sprouted grain bread) and a nectarine

Status
Not open for further replies.