Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sprouted barley drink

Toast and Vegemite with brown mushrooms, shelled sunflower seeds and lettuce.

Pumpkin flax cereal with blueberries and almond strawberry yogurt.

I'm making a berry smoothie, with some ground flax mixed in. I'll have my banana mid-morning as well, so I don't fade away ;)

Overnight oats w/ chia seeds topped with mixed fresh berries, granola, coconut, and pumpkin seeds

banana with peanut butter, steel cut oats on blueberries with raspberries on top, sprinkled with chia seeds and walnuts and a tad of maple syrup

Toast with Vegemite, shelled sunflower seeds, sauteed brown mushrooms, celery, spinach.

Barley drink* with cocoa powder and whole date syrup

*Whole barley, soaked overnight, blended till fine then lightly cooked in water. Liquid used without straining.

This is also lunch since I won't be hungry for a while.

I had toast with peanut butter and banana.

@Nekodaiden
No veganite on my toast ;) I have seen that stuff here in stores. I've never tried it, to be honest. Is it the same thing as marmite?

Reactions: Nekodaiden
I had toast with peanut butter and banana.

@Nekodaiden
No veganite on my toast ;) I have seen that stuff here in stores. I've never tried it, to be honest. Is it the same thing as marmite?

I'm sure you have not seen "veganite" in stores. Vegemite, maybe, if Canada imports it. But I beg to differ. If you're eating toast the saliva that contains amylase used to digest that starch is definitely yours. So strictly speaking, you eat "Veganite" every time you eat a cooked grain. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Veganite
I keep forgetting about Vegemite. I've never tried it before. From the sounds of it it's like maybe a less intense version of vegetable bullion? (In regards to bullion, I buy a brand that's paste-like, so not cubes or liquid stock.)

Making french toast this morning with the vegan egg. Last time I made french toast I did it with a nutritional yeast and almond milk mixture I think. I didn't write it down so it's hard to remember. So far so good. The vegan egg isn't sticking like the mix I used last time. Now it just has to pass the child taste test.

Reactions: hopeful
I keep forgetting about Vegemite. I've never tried it before. From the sounds of it it's like maybe a less intense version of vegetable bullion? (In regards to bullion, I buy a brand that's paste-like, so not cubes or liquid stock.)

Most people do not like it if they haven't been brought up with it. I'm not a native Aussie (ie: I moved here) and I found it rather disgusting when I first tried it. But, it can grow on you in time. I'm not sure I would call it a "health product" as it's loaded with sodium, but it does contain decent amounts of certain B vitamins. Not that someone eating whole foods including whole grains wouldn't get them anyway...but...like I said it's something of an acquired taste.

Breakfast/Lunch today was sprouted brown rice, lightly steamed, with steamed broccoli and cauliflower (not something I usually have!), shelled sunflower seeds and pizza sauce.

I'm also having a barley drink made from whole sprouted barley.

Breakfast shake: Frozen banana pieces with peel, mixed berries, rolled oats as a flour, sunflower seeds as a flour, sprouted barley as a flour + water, blended.

I had more overnight oats with fresh fruit, ground flax, and a wee bit of maple syrup this morning to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Making ramen this morning and might stop for a primal strip (vegan jerky) at the store on the way out.

Breakfast burrito again (I batch-make a bunch of them and freeze them) - sweet potatoes, bell pepper, black beans, tofu scramble, cilantro, salsa, nooch. This is my last one. Gotta make more.

Oatmeal again. This time it came out perfect. Soymilk and fresh blueberries. Coffee.

Breakfast shake: Frozen banana pieces with peel, mixed berries, rolled oats as a flour, sunflower seeds as a flour, sprouted barley as a flour + water, blended.

Same, without the sprouted barley this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.