Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a toasted peanut butter and banana sandwich at the moment. We'll see if I still have oatmeal later ;)

Just had two slices of Food For Life whole wheat toast with fat free refried beans on top for breakfast.

I work out for 1.5 hours in the morning at the fitness center (or cycling to work and fitness center/home gym) so I have to eat a small breakfast for stamina and energy etc. I am always fascinated by people who can fast and work out on an empty stomach. I can do light cardio on an empty stomach, but not weight lifting, intense cardio and all the other physical activities I love to do.

I did Intermittent Fasting (IF) for a while ( and will do it again).

The first time and/or second time lifting weights heavy (45-50 min) in a fasted state (say 14-16 hours) I felt odd and weak.

But the body adapts.

The 3rd time I felt normal.

However, I would not do 1.5 hours of cardio fasted.

My usual banana bread spread with cinnamon-raisin peanut butter and a coconut matcha green tea latte sweetened with dates

Hash brown sandwiches with homemade mustard, ketchup, mushrooms, caramelized onion, broccoli, salt.

Also some tofu scramble with more broccoli.

Seitan, tofu (seasoned with paprika, turmeric, garlic powder and onion powder), a mixture of greens, and a microwave packet of quinoa and rice.

lol....I decided to try a tofu scramble with some leftover smoked mushrooms and fried onions. It was very tasty, but somehow didn't feel like breakfast. I need a banana ;)

Cream of wheat (made with soy milk) with maple syrup in it.

lol....I decided to try a tofu scramble with some leftover smoked mushrooms and fried onions. It was very tasty, but somehow didn't feel like breakfast. I need a banana ;)

Add the wholemeal toast, hash browns, my homemade mustard, a little ketchup and the broccoli and you'll be right.

What I had again this morning minus the mushrooms and + a tomato.

I needed to used up the rest of my tofu, so I made another scramble, but threw in some bell pepper and onions. I served it with some toast. It was very tasty and quite satiating.

I used to like ketchup on scrambled, but with the addition of peppers and onions, I wanted to taste it naturally.

I wish I could find some black salt, locally. I've heard it gives your scrambled tofu a much more egg-like flavour. I've yet to find it here. I know if I am willing to travel across town I will eventually find it. I think some of the Asian specialty stores carry it. Anyone ever try it?

Hash browns on wholewheat with my homemade mustard and ketchup and onions. Also a fairly large serving of tofu scramble with broccoli.

I needed to used up the rest of my tofu, so I made another scramble, but threw in some bell pepper and onions. I served it with some toast. It was very tasty and quite satiating.

You still forgot the hash browns :p

I wish I could find some black salt, locally. I've heard it gives your scrambled tofu a much more egg-like flavour. I've yet to find it here. I know if I am willing to travel across town I will eventually find it. I think some of the Asian specialty stores carry it. Anyone ever try it?

Seconded. I can't find it here in Australia either. Maybe I'm not looking for the right thing?

Black salt also goes by the name Himalayan Black Salt and Kala Namak. (Although the guy at the Indian grocery store gave me a stony face when I asked for "Himalayan Black Salt" and he told me "it's just Black Salt".)

Try an Indian specialty store since it's used a lot in Indian cuisine.

It does lend an eggy flavor since it's pretty sulfurous.

Here is a great recipe using black salt with other spices and nooch to make tofu scramble: "Egg" flavor seasoning

I use it now whenever I make any kind of dish where I want an eggy flavor - used it in a vegan quiche once and it worked great. And, of course, works great with tofu scrambles.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Had ramen noodles and made my own sauce (sesame oil, tamari, onion powder, garlic powder, chives, parsley and chili flakes).

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Wholemeal toast with hash browns, my homemade mustard, ketchup, a generous serving of tofu scramble, caramelized onion, pickles.

Roasted barley powder mixed with my coffee this morning as well.

Pancakes from the Vegan 8 website mentioned on this website. I made the Ultimate Vegan Fluffy Pancakes kind. They were really good.

Late start today. I'm having a quick peanut butter & banana open-face on toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.