Announcement Post ratings (where is my Like button?)

you don't get notifications for 'disagree's.(eta, well sometimes you do)

And there doesn't seem to be a way of finding out what posts were disagreed with........

So you get a kick in the balls, from who knows who.

Even VB hasn't got anything like that.

I know which post received the only 'Disagree' I've gotten thus far, and I know who did it, according to Alerts.

I have a 3 in the white section, so that's 3 disagrees, and only one disagree alert from Andy.
I don't think the white number is for disagree. There used to be a 1 in my red column but it disappeared. I don't know what the white number represents. I've gotten 2 Funny and 2 Optimistic. I have a 3 in the white column.

Unless it's 4 positive minus one negative.

I think that's it.

I have a 3 in the white section, so that's 3 disagrees, and only one disagree alert from Andy.

Blob, you can move the cursor to your "profile" button (the little figure button) and then select "Ratings received".

And, I am still waiting for some folks to disagree with my earlier post :) so that we can see what happens if 7 people disagree.

I don't think the white number is for disagree. There used to be a 1 in my red column but it disappeared. I don't know what the white number represents. I've gotten 2 Funny and 2 Optimistic. I have a 3 in the white column.

Unless it's 4 positive minus one negative.

I think that's it.

Indian Summer said disagrees were neutral.....I think someone has disagreed with you 3 times.

I think when you have more positive ratings than negative ratings, the white column will have a number. When you have more negative ratings than positive ratings, the red column will have a number. #CrackedTheCode

• Disagree
Reactions: Andy_T
I think when you have more positive ratings than negative ratings, the white column will have a number. When you have more negative ratings than positive ratings, the red column will have a number. #CrackedTheCode

no the red column is for negative ratings, which IS disabled.

This is giving me a headache.

Seems we need to define some "negative" categories ...

... my suggestions would be e.g. "dumb" (which I have used a few times on one other forum I attend that has the same forum software), but of course, we need some ideas better suited for a veg forum.

So I give you "Speciesist", "Preachy", "Inconsistent", and "Offensive" :D

well that would be good for people with motor neuron disease...for the rest of us we can actually articulate what we feel is wrong with someone's post.

This is probably controversial, but I've also configured the ratings feature so that if a post receives a high number of negative ratings (currently 7), the post will be "hidden". Users can still view the post by clicking a link from within the thread.
So ...

After the 'usual suspects' have figured out how to abuse that feature everything I post will be hidden now?

That ones a bit 'VB', if you don't mind me saying so, IS.

• Disagree
Reactions: Andy_T
So ...
After the 'usual suspects' have figured out how to abuse that feature everything I post will be hidden now?

Nah.

Doesn't work that way.

I specifically asked people to disagree with a post I posted, so that we could see how that feature works, and what have I received so far?

1 measly "disagree".
Guess I must post some "Bacon Yum" or similar to get some kind of reaction....

Best regards,
Andy

PS: So yes, I disagree with what you posted. Might as well use the button :D

well that would be good for people with motor neuron disease...for the rest of us we can actually articulate what we feel is wrong with someone's post.
Can and should.

There's little to no difference twix a 'disagree without explanation' button and being allowed to empty-post "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" all over the place so far as I can.

But .... isn't that how Internet forums normally work?

forums work different ways, depending on how they are set up.

We should aim for philosophical debate, rather than 'your post is wrong, but I ain't a sayin' why'.

It is disjointed......if you disagree say why. It seems like the foundation of communication.

I'm fecked if I'm going to reason against that.

I've got a button to save me having to engage my brain for that kinda thing now.

True.

"I really can't explain what is wrong with your posting, but I somehow don't like it."

Nevertheless, in a discussion it can make it actually more obvious (and quicker) if some post has 10 "likes" (the old, and therefore great, way) or 5 "dislikes" than to have to wade through 25 answers to the post and its answers.

• Disagree
Reactions: Clueless Git