Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu? 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like something buffalo-sauce related. Either a buffalo seitan grinder or perhaps buffalo seitan nuggets and vegan ranch dressing. I'm in a comfort-food mood.

Virtually the same as last night minus the French beans and cakes for dessert. I had a bowl
of berries & soya cream.

Reactions: PTree15
Probably the last of my pasta salad... and there's a lot of it. Now I know I can eat a lot of pasta in one sitting, but somehow it seems I've always been able to consume even more pasta when it's cold.... :weird: LMAO

Last edited:
A cup of kale, potato and black bean soup and Gardein szechuan beefless strips with broccoli and Jasmine rice.

Cottage pie topped with sweet potato & cauliflower mash plus some Violife cheese. The mash was perfect.

Berries & soya cream for dessert.

Last edited:
A cup of kale, potato and black bean soup and Gardein szechuan beefless strips with broccoli and Jasmine rice.
This, minus the soup, which I had for lunch. I instead will have a couple of vegan spring rolls with my meal.

I came home and chowed down on tortilla chips and refried beans, so not really hungry. I do need to make something so I have lunch tomorrow so ...
Cook some of the eggless pasta ribbons (worth going to Walmart for!), saute some cabbage and onions and mix with peas. I have mushrooms, so a mushroom gravy over all

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
Finally committed to something.... Rice noodles with my frozen bag o' stir-fry veggies. :p The noodles (Pad Thai style) are extremely long so I'll have to snap 'em before I boil 'em this time... got water on right now with a little sesame oil for flavor, will use same pan (wiped out) to stir-fry the veggies.... Then mix it all up with appropriate spices, a touch of low-sodium soy sauce, & a lot more sesame oil.... :)

The much-awaited pita. :) I've prepared it & each multigrain pita half contains these: Chao, quinoa, marinated portobello mushroom pieces, garbanzos, curried cauliflower, red bell pepper, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, baby spinach, and my own vegan ranch... seasoning being heavy on dill/curry/nooch....

Last edited:
It's gonna be another pita. I've got a tiny bit of leftovers, mostly just quinoa, so I'm gonna jazz things up & fill things out.... I'm roasting a red bell pepper in evoo right now... I already have some roasted Brussels sprouts, I could slice a few of those up....

Yeah, so this evening (at Jerry's) I'll fill the pita with quinoa, Daiya cheddar shreds, baby spinach, roasted peppers & sprouts, the remaining couple pieces of cucumber & tomato... and I might go with my cauliflower-cheese sauce instead of ranch... I'll bring both, we'll see.... ;)

Last edited:
Vegan potato skins this evening. :) I've been thinking about these for a couple days, but I feel pretty lazy & unmotivated. I mean, it's not like they involve any great difficulty (I use frozen naked skins/potato shells & frozen broccoli).... :rolleyes:

I'll dice a little onion, mix that & some chopped broccoli with a bit of my cauliflower-cheese sauce, spices & nooch, top with Daiya shreds.

**sigh** I guess I'd better get started... if I wanna eat & all.... LOL

bored-kitten3.jpg

Stuffed Green Peppers.JPG

One of these vegan stuffed peppers that I've got prepped to go in the oven (filled with garlic, onion, red pepper, lentils, brown rice, tomatoes, baby spinach, etc.).... I'll top those three amigos with Daiya mozzarella shreds & bake 'em when I get back... the lone pepper goes to Jerry.... ;)

Last edited:
^ Those look good! I should have thought about that when Aldi had multi colored ones on sale...
I finally made seitan bbq ribz, they include peanut butter which you can absolutely taste. I've heard them reviewed as better cold, and I agree. the texture is great, and I can assume that's from the pb. Maybe almond or cashew would be better. I don't like tahini so that's out.

^ Those look good! I should have thought about that when Aldi had multi colored ones on sale...
I finally made seitan bbq ribz, they include peanut butter which you can absolutely taste. I've heard them reviewed as better cold, and I agree. the texture is great, and I can assume that's from the pb. Maybe almond or cashew would be better. I don't like tahini so that's out.
I'm curious about the recipe. Was the PB mixed into the seitan?

ETA: I'm having leftover Chinese takeout (courtesy of my mom :) ). It's mixed veggies with garlic sauce and tofu.

I'm curious about the recipe. Was the PB mixed into the seitan?

ETA: I'm having leftover Chinese takeout (courtesy of my mom :) ). It's mixed veggies with garlic sauce and tofu.
yes. Pretty much this one, it's pretty standard-Barbecued Seitan Ribz | Recipe from FatFree Vegan Kitchen
I was just munchin one cold. They are better that way, I'd think a bit more cooking at a low temp would be very much like jerky. I'll have to try that- use a bunch more spices and forget the sauce

yes. Pretty much this one, it's pretty standard-Barbecued Seitan Ribz | Recipe from FatFree Vegan Kitchen
I was just munchin one cold. They are better that way, I'd think a bit more cooking at a low temp would be very much like jerky. I'll have to try that- use a bunch more spices and forget the sauce
Thanks so much!

I still have Chinese takeout left over. I will finish it up tonight. I love that I get four meals out of this dish.

Thanks so much!

I still have Chinese takeout left over. I will finish it up tonight. I love that I get four meals out of this dish.
If you like Chinese five spice I bet it would be really good with the rib recipe! I do not.
I made what I've determined to be my favorite nooch sauce-
Chef Creates Life-Changing Vegan Cheese You Can Make in 15 Minutes
I add lots of lemon, and more like a cup of nooch, and more mustard powder, smoked paprika and garlic

Anyone know how much Trader Joes shelf stable soy milk is? I finally made a good soy yogurt with Westsoy, but it was over $3 for 32oz

If you like Chinese five spice I bet it would be really good with the rib recipe! I do not.
I made what I've determined to be my favorite nooch sauce-
Chef Creates Life-Changing Vegan Cheese You Can Make in 15 Minutes
I add lots of lemon, and more like a cup of nooch, and more mustard powder, smoked paprika and garlic

Anyone know how much Trader Joes shelf stable soy milk is? I finally made a good soy yogurt with Westsoy, but it was over $3 for 32oz
I've not used Chinese five spice, but I have a good Cajun mix I might try. These sound really good. Did you bake them? I don't have a grill, but I do have a grill pan that might work. I could just bake otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.