Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Small plates: A salad; smoked tofu/roast red peppers and avocado with pumpkin seeds/vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Ww Italian organic pasta swirls with evo/melted Cheeze/yeast flakes and Nurissh parmesan style cheeze.
Alpro soya yogurt with a few drops of Cornish salted caramel/sweetener.

It's boiling hot so I made a tasty and simple dinner. I started off with a strawberry Pimm's as a pre-dinner drink.
I made a chickpea and wheat flour rosemary focaccia served with chickpea puree, sliced avocados with Tajin plus
seasoned sauteed soya curls in some Teriyaki sauce.

A juicy white nectarine for dessert.

I had a turk'y seitan sandwich and an ear of corn
Got back to taking a cruciferous blend salad for work lunch, hard to readjust to all that raw! I had little dressing, and it seems having some good fat with that helps me digest

How is he doing?

Thank you for asking - he didn't have his surgery until yesterday at 8am so it was a very long day - they ended up doing a quad instead of a triple and this morning he is alert and awake and will likely be leaving ICU a bit later. Thank you for all your kind thoughts and words.
It sure makes me happier than ever that we have cut out animal products from our life - they love eggs and cheese and are otherwise healthy and he walked 45 minutes a day etc.
Yesterday, in the hospital food court, was the first I have eaten "out" since before covid and I managed to find a place called Basil Box that has a ton of vegan options including a vegan Phad Thai - I LOVE Phad Thai and it didn't disappoint - it was expensive but amazing, spicy... OMG I am both sad and happy that most of them are in Toronto and not close enough for me to pick up locally.

So that was my lunch and dinner yesterday as I had just a 1/2 banana before leaving home and a 'baby food' and a granola bar at the hospital and a few corn chips and chocolate chips when I arrived home last evening.

Best lunch/dinner ever!! :)

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Thank you for asking - he didn't have his surgery until yesterday at 8am so it was a very long day - they ended up doing a quad instead of a triple and this morning he is alert and awake and will likely be leaving ICU a bit later. Thank you for all your kind thoughts and words.
It sure makes me happier than ever that we have cut out animal products from our life - they love eggs and cheese and are otherwise healthy and he walked 45 minutes a day etc.
Yesterday, in the hospital food court, was the first I have eaten "out" since before covid and I managed to find a place called Basil Box that has a ton of vegan options including a vegan Phad Thai - I LOVE Phad Thai and it didn't disappoint - it was expensive but amazing, spicy... OMG I am both sad and happy that most of them are in Toronto and not close enough for me to pick up locally.

So that was my lunch and dinner yesterday as I had just a 1/2 banana before leaving home and a 'baby food' and a granola bar at the hospital and a few corn chips and chocolate chips when I arrived home last evening.

Best lunch/dinner ever!! :)

Emma JC
Glad to hear he's doing well, I hope he can take your advice!
I've been thinking about a couple days in Toronto! The Science center, Casa Loma castle, St Lawrance martket all sound fun, and it's only a 4 hour drive

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
A soya curl/courgette/mushroom pie made with a creamy sauce served with steamed brussels,peas, French beans with a sprinkle of
Cornish sea salt/cracked pepper/yeast flakes plus a drizzle of evo.

Strawberry jelly and soya cream.

I just had tortilla chips with guac and salsa last night along with beer as I was watching the football.

I'm going to have the Juicy Marbles burger tonight with chips or hash browns and salad.

Glad to hear he's doing well, I hope he can take your advice!
I've been thinking about a couple days in Toronto! The Science center, Casa Loma castle, St Lawrance martket all sound fun, and it's only a 4 hour drive

yes, Toronto is a fun place to visit - we lived there for 4 years and I spent a lot of time visiting in my childhood too - unfortunately they just closed the Science Center due to roof issues and I am not sure when it will open again, if ever. Used to shop at St Lawrence market regularly. The CN Tower is fun and great place to dine. The waterfront and the Toronto Islands are great.

This morning my brother is up and at least sitting in a chair as he fainted yesterday when they tried to get him to walk - I think due to a lack of food and water.

Last night for dinner we had noodley soup as I didn't have it for lunch and we piled in tons of fresh kale, green onions, mushrooms along with the regular frozen veggies and soy curls.

Emma JC

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
Last night's leftovers:
A soya curl/courgette/mushroom pie made with a creamy sauce (mustard, wine, cream and spices) served with steamed brussels,peas, French beans with a sprinkle of
Cornish sea salt/cracked pepper/yeast flakes plus a drizzle of evo.

A white nectarine and a doughnut peach for dessert.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
on Saturday my honey made some tabouleh and for dinner last night we also made a hot chickpea salad to go with (celery, green onions, bell pepper, chickpeas, kale, olives, cherry tomatoes) and we also had w/w pitas.... the tabouleh was very garlicky!!!

Emma JC