Literature What are you currently reading?

Wow. Pleasantly surprised by a book I just listened to, again outside of my normal genre. One Small Mistake by Dandy Smith. It was so good I'm starting another book by her, The Wrong Daughter.
A few of her books are on Kindle Unlimited so I got that one and two others. I think I have heard of that author before.

I should mention the books are 12 hours long. I did skip some chapters in the middle and it made no difference. I knew what was going on. I don't need to get to know every mundane detail about characters in order to follow a story. They can easily be cut down to 8 hours.
The book I'm reading now is like that. The main characters are driving from Texas to Tennessee. And I swear I could drive it myself faster than they are going.

• Haha
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
Today I finished "The Last Thing He Told Me" by Laura Dave. Told in first person by Hannah who is recently married to Owen, and caring for his 16 year old daughter, Bailey, who is not that happy about the situation. Her mother was tragically killed when she was a toddler and it has always been just her and her dad. Then he disappears leaving a bag full of money in her locker at school, and sending a cryptic note to Hannah "protect her." The software company he works for gets raided by the feds and his boss arrested for fraud. Hannah has to deal with all this as her whole world falls apart. She is determined to find out what is going on and believes Owen could not be involved in the company crimes. Nothing is what it seems as she finds out her husband has lied to her about his past. This is a really good book and it says in the jacket that the movie and TV rights are sold. We will see if there is a movie. It would be good!

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15