Would you eat Anencephaly meat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, must say I'm shocked at the hostility to this idea. One big question I must ask you all is why are you vegetarian? Is it for moral reasons or do you just have an aversion to meat in general? How do you define meat?

because the mother animals would become exploited as breeding stock

The mothers would also be brainless, they would reproduce via artificial insemination.

I would be willing to try "test tube" or "printed" meat, that came out of a machine or whatever, provided they could be made without continually harvesting more animal dna or whatever it is that's needed to make that.

I would NOT eat anything that has to be slaughtered, or anything that has a mother, brainless or not.

Id say reguardless of the mothers brain function its still the exploitation of an animal.
Besides, what do you think about it?

Reactions: Blobbenstein
The thought that we would be willing to go to the extreme of keeping brainless animals just to eat them - havent we comodified the bodies of others enough?

In short we'd just be reinforcing the belief that animals belong to us to do with what we will.

Oh shoot, this was the thing that had happened to those "frog babies".

Hi guys, must say I'm shocked at the hostility to this idea. One big question I must ask you all is why are you vegetarian? Is it for moral reasons or do you just have an aversion to meat in general? How do you define meat?

The mothers would also be brainless, they would reproduce via artificial insemination.

I'm shocked that you would be shocked! This is in the vegan section and vegans don't use animal products so the important point is that this meat would be from an animal, it doesn't make any difference to me if it's meat from a brainless animal or roadkill or an animal that had died from natural causes, I have no intention of ever eating animals again.

I'm shocked that you would be shocked! This is in the vegan section and vegans don't use animal products so the important point is that this meat would be from an animal, it doesn't make any difference to me if it's meat from a brainless animal or roadkill or an animal that had died from natural causes, I have no intention of ever eating animals again.

No "lesser of evils"?

Hi guys, must say I'm shocked at the hostility to this idea. One big question I must ask you all is why are you vegetarian?

The AR point of view aside, if "brainless" meat ever caught on, it would grow the meat industry over all...An industry that is a big polluter, and one that pays low wages, and has a poor safety record. Would you want to help such an industry?...not to mention the industry recieves gov't subsidies because it is so ineffecient, having convinced the politicans of meats "necessity".

Also, meat in and of itself is unhealthy. In additon to fat and cholesterol, the cows are typically pumped up with all sorts of meds. Creating this new market/demand would actually promote the consumption of meat, and add to the country's long term health care costs.

Reactions: Clueless Git
All meat has cholesterol, and I'm pretty sure, all forms of meat typically consumed by humans are pumped full of meds.

Dietary cholesterol is not that dangerous.

And medications is given to the animals, it's not something hereditary in meat.

Dietary cholesterol is not that dangerous.

And medications is given to the animals, it's not something hereditary in meat.

Consumed at typical 1st world nation levels, cholesterol is a problem., and the source of the med is irrelevant. If it's in the animal, and you eat it, the meds will bio-accumulate in your body.

But, I'm just explaining my reasoning. if those things don't matter to you, go ahead and start eating it.

and the source of the med is irrelevant. If it's in the animal, and you eat it, the meds will bio-accumulate in your body.

I said as that it's quite possible to eat meat without any stuff like that in it.

But, I'm just explaining my reasoning. if those things don't matter to you, go ahead and start eating it.

least-intelligent-comment-of-all-time-meme.png

this is how the zombie apocalypse may start. People eating this kind of meat, doing something to their brains, and then bam! the living dead consumed by the need to eat brains....it's not a good idea.

The whole concept is rather grotesque to me. I'd certainly feel somewhat better about people eating this stuff instead of the original beast, but count me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.