Would you eat Anencephaly meat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought ledboots was responding to me. Perhaps I made the same error that s/he did.

I'm pretty sure that her post #74 was in response to your post #73 - she was informing you about the physical condition of anencephaly as it6 presents in humans, being careful to point out that what she was quoting was written with respect to humans. There would undoubtedly be physical parallels in non-human anencephalic individuals.

That seems to continue to go over your head.

I meant that the article I posted was about human anencephalic infants. I assume it would be similar in animals, and if they lived after birth, they wouldn't live long enough to grow big enough to be a successful meat animal.
Even the article linked to in the op, which has been removed, and was the Wikipedia article, discussed it in humans, not other animals. They said from studying animal models they think they know what causes it, but animal models means inducing it in a laboratory setting. Not that I want to go looking it up, but I wonder just how prevalent it is in other animals besides human ones anyway. It may be non-existent in animals not found in laboratories.

It should go without saying that if it must be induced by humans before it can be exploited it is not ethical.

I'm pretty sure that her post #74 was in response to your post #73 - she was informing you about the physical condition of anencephaly as it6 presents in humans, being careful to point out that what she was quoting was written with respect to humans. There would undoubtedly be physical parallels in non-human anencephalic individuals.
Yes, this is right. I don't always quote posts if there are no other posts in between.

I really hate this thread and its disgusting idea of breeding brainless animals to eat. I have had patients who birthed babies with this condition, and it was unbelievably sad.

Reactions: kibbleforlola
I'm making a request to be exempted from the general consensus.

Well at least if anyone has this crazy thought about whether vegans would eat anencephaly meat, they can find the answer here if they google it??

I'm making a request to be exempted from the general consensus.

Thank you for pointing out how you are not particularly disturbed by the contents of this thread. We are all better people for having known that fact and hold you in higher regard due to your desire to not conform with the rest of the crybabies.

Congratulations!

(Still general consensus)

Reactions: thefadedone
Status
Not open for further replies.