A Question About Quoting Posts With Quoted Posts In Them

I thought if you quoted a post with a quoted post in it, the previously quoted post would be deleted.

I'm finding it pretty irritating. It takes up too much page space and can be confusing to read at times because there are so many quotes within quotes.

Reactions: Dedalus
Yeah I have to keep going back to edit the previous quotes out of my posts to clean it up. I wonder if it is a bug.

I liked it at first, but now I find it really annoying. Especially when there ends up being more than two quotes stacked up. Very very annoying.

It might be useful if each quoted post had a different background color, to differentiate, and if it were limited to two or three posts, but as it stands now it is just very confusing.

It's called Nested Quotation.....Indian Summer must have changed a setting, or maybe it changed with an upgrade.

Okay, as I suspected it seems to be caused by the spoiler add-on. I will report it to the add-on developer and see if it can be fixed.

In the meantime, I could turn off the spoiler feature and we'd get rid of the nested quotation issue. What do you think?

Personally I feel spoilers are needed. For posting stuff in the entertainment threads (although not everyone uses them...spoiling Grimm for me :p ) and just generally hiding posts that may be NSFW or contain triggers or are long.

I really hate nested quotes.

And it's even worse on tapatalk. On there post #5 in this thread looks like this:

[start of a quote box]
Pickle Juice said:
Pickle Juice said:
Pickle Juice said:
Pickle Juice said:

I've noticed something I don't think I have noticed before. Allow me to demonstrate...
When I quote the first post in this message...
and then quote the second post with the quoted first post in it...
and then quote the third post...
[end of quote box]
is it supposed to look like this?