Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning for breakfast/lunch I had sandwiches on "whole wheat" with veg patties, roasted tofu, lettuce, Vegemite, spinach and ketchup. Also had a half can of baked beans.

This time the patties were a mixture of mashed potatoes mixed with Nixtamalized corn (masa, as flour) that were formed into patties and frozen/reheated.

I also had a few commercial hash browns as I still have some of them left.

Same for me today. I always make a few portions at a time when I cook my oatmeal. It holds up well, and comes back just fine with a short nuking. I'm going to do some overnight oats for tomorrow. Love my whole grains in the morning :D

I need to go shopping today. Time to replenish the fruit & veggie supply :)

Oats with date syrup and Tahini. Also some hash brown sandwiches with roasted onion and tomato.

I gotta try me some hash brown sandwiches some time. It just sounds like I'm missing out on something here ;)

I'm having more overnight oats this morning with some fresh rainier cherries on the side. I used an over-ripe banana for my sweetener on the oatmeal. Most often I find fruit on top adequate, but occasionally I will throw a splash of good ole Canadian Maple syrup on there :p

I had a hash brown sandwich with charred onion, tomato, ketchup and tofu scramble. Then I had another sandwich with a homemade patty (Nixtamalized corn flour and mashed potato with Vegemite), more onion, ketchup and more tofu scramble.

Coming up to lunch and I'm not even hungry. I'm thinking a simple salad with a garlic/oat dressing.

I was packing a Fakin' "bacon" wrap for work, but I ate it for breakfast instead. I am going to miss that when I run out.

Better late than never :)

I went all out this morning. I had a huge bowl of fresh fruit, with some coconut yogurt and some shelled pistachios on top....oh, and a couple tablespoons of hemp hearts. This could be a dessert, it was so tasty. I used papaya, mango, banana, golden kiwi, and fresh raspberries and blueberries. It was out of this world!

A shake: Oats (as flour), frozen banana pieces including peel, dates, peanut butter.

Does anyone else eat their oats raw? I have no issues digesting them (rolled oats).

Better late than never :)

I went all out this morning. I had a huge bowl of fresh fruit, with some coconut yogurt and some shelled pistachios on top....oh, and a couple tablespoons of hemp hearts. This could be a dessert, it was so tasty. I used papaya, mango, banana, golden kiwi, and fresh raspberries and blueberries. It was out of this world!

Veganite, I seriously want that breakfast. It sounds amazing!

A shake: Oats (as flour), frozen banana pieces including peel, dates, peanut butter.

Does anyone else eat their oats raw? I have no issues digesting them (rolled oats).

YUM! Sounds great! Also, I do eat oats raw about 75% of the time. It's a pretty new thing for me, over the past few months. I like it because it's quick, it's cool (it's hot where I live right now), and it tastes good. I like to add some dried fruit. I also have some cacao nibs that I have been adding just a bit of (less than a teaspoon I think).

We stopped at whole foods on the way home yesterday and I got the last package of beyond sausage :) So this morning I'm having a vegan chocolate chip cookie, beyond sausage and scrambled tofu with miso.

I have muesli all the time with raw oats. In fact I believe that is the main difference between granola and muesli - granola is cooked (baked), where muesli is raw.

This morning I'm having steel cut oatmeal, topped with fresh fruit, and ground flax.

Hash brown sandwich (homemade this time, no oil) with homemade mustard, ketchup, salt and pepper. Also some tofu scramble.

I did some light exercise this morning:

Before: Kale and sunflower seed drink, blended.

After: Brown rice which was soaked overnight, then boiled, sweet corn, green peas, lettuce, purple cabbage, onion, garlic, salt and a few drops of sesame seed oil. Boiling water was consumed when cool.

I had a kale smoothie with a bit of ground flax. The flax made it a bit too thick, but I choked it down.

I made another kale smoothie, minus the flax this time. I added some fresh berries and peanut butter and banana. It was still thick, but not gelatinous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back