Votes: 1 6.3%
  • foikx?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Blobbenstein

Reaction score
I think the correct way is like 'foe', as in 'faux pas'.

But foe leather, or foe news don't sound right really, so I just say 'fawx' in my head. Never had a reason to say it in real life. In RL I would say 'fake'.

Reactions: yakherder
I thinks it pronounced "Foo" as in "Foo-L"

I think that because on more than one occasion I've seen products being described as "genuine imitation leather".

I think the correct way is like 'foe', as in 'faux pas'.

But foe leather, or foe news don't sound right really, so I just say 'fawx' in my head. Never had a reason to say it in real life. In RL I would say 'fake'.

I think you are right, the correct way to pronounce it is as 'foe'

But I say 'forks' because it annoys the hell out of my kids and anyone who hears me feels duty bound to smugly correct me..great entertainment value!!!

Reactions: Tom L.
If you are pronouncing faux with an English accent it is as 'foe'. However the French would say 'faw'. That is why I would use the word 'fake'.

This discussion has put me in the mood for Vietnamese noodles, which instead of pho I will now call fake.

Edit: Hahaha, Vietnamese noise... Damn auto correct, and damn me for neglecting to proof read before posting.

Last edited:
This discussion has put me in the mood for Vietnamese noodles, which instead of pho I will now call fake.

Edit: Hahaha, Vietnamese noise... Damn auto correct, and damn me for neglecting to proof read before posting.
I thought it was a little odd but just chalked it up to your military experience, lol. Gotta love autocorrect.

I usually say fake meat, faux fur, and pseudo rescues (for scammers asking for money to help with their non existent rescue animals).