Physical Exercise Yoga

I love yoga, but I end up doing it in spurts. I will do it for a few weeks to a couple months pretty much straight then stop for a while. On my spurts of working out I like to alternate between yoga and Pilates. I need to get better at stretching my legs and lower back because it is super tight. I have hardly any strength and am uncoordinated. My abs get pretty hard and legs get toned though. I need to force myself to keep at it. I typically just use hulu or youtube for free videos.

I love yoga, but I end up doing it in spurts. I will do it for a few weeks to a couple months pretty much straight then stop for a while. On my spurts of working out I like to alternate between yoga and Pilates. I need to get better at stretching my legs and lower back because it is super tight. I have hardly any strength and am uncoordinated. My abs get pretty hard and legs get toned though. I need to force myself to keep at it. I typically just use hulu or youtube for free videos.
I know you'll be busy with school, but will you join the 30 day challenge? :)

I have never tried straight pilates, but I took a yogalates class a couple of times and it kicked my butt!

I know you'll be busy with school, but will you join the 30 day challenge? :)

I have never tried straight pilates, but I took a yogalates class a couple of times and it kicked my butt!

I will try my damnedest. I have to get my bikini body back soon.

What sort of yoga do you prefer?
Hatha and Power are both good.

How long have you been practicing?
I've been doing it steadily for about 15 months.

Do you prefer classes or home practice?
I prefer classes. Sometimes I'll do poses at home if I feel particularly stiff somewhere.
Can you recommend any DVDs?
Nope sorry! I didn't like any of the ones I tried.

Which poses do you love?
Pigeon, crescent lunge, upward facing dog, seal, bow, frog
(pretty much any hip openers or backbends)

Which poses are you trying to reach?
Handstand (on forearms and on hands), dolphin, dolphin plank, side plank

(pretty much anything requiring upper body strength and/or balancing)

Reactions: yally
what i do is, i really get into something and then feel fantastic just to stop doing it and find excuses. I hate this quality in my life, this is why as soon as i receive my yoga dvd's going to commit to 30 day challenge... and will blog here everyday. start new thread. so glad some of you want to join me.​
i have lost a lot of weight and need to tone, but my focus is on the journey and also getting stronger mentally and physically in body mind and soul.​

Attachments

• yogalight.jpg
    yogalight.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: ledboots
What sort of yoga do you prefer?
Power / Kundalini

How long have you been practicing?
Not long still a newbie

Do you prefer classes or home practice?
I prefer classes but with a little daughter too many missed classes, so will be practicing from home... going to have to be diciplined.

Can you recommend any DVDs?
I got Power Yoga Susan Fulton and Shiva Rea Daily Flow

Which poses do you love?
I love backbends and the warrior pose

Which poses are you trying to reach?
I think the most challenging is any pose that require upper body strenght I struggle with the plank.

Don't think we need a new thread for the 30 day challenge, this one is all encompassing! :D

I'm really looking forward to it!

Ooh, groupon for 10 yoga classes for £28 at a place on my way home from work, good timing! Just gotta get paid...

Reactions: ledboots
Ooh, groupon for 10 yoga classes for £28 at a place on my way home from work, good timing! Just gotta get paid...

Damn, I can't make any of their beginners' level classes. Looked like a really nice centre too. Oh well!

Has anyone trained to do teaching?

Anyone been on any retreats?
No to both of those, but they are on my list. I want to learn as much as I can as a student before training to be a teacher. Maybe in 5 years I will consider it more seriously.

Been wanting to do a retreat but I find they are expensive.

:starshower:my dvd arrived today.

THE 30 DAY CHALLENGE WILL START TOMORROW....

Who is with me?

Yes .... will start on a weekend.

I will be getting up at 05:30 - so weird i have been waking up 05:30 every morning already even thou I set my clock for 06:00. Strange how the mind works.

I would also like to make yoga a lifestyle and even maybe one day teach etc. But for now I am only focused on the 30 day challenge.

Attachments

• power yoga.jpg
    power yoga.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 129
I might take advantage of a 20 days introductory unlimited yoga pass that centres do for cheap these days to get clients to start. Will be good to get some instruction for a bit :D

:clap: So i got up this morning at 5:15 - ready to yoga. had a few sips of tea. regretted this later during downward poses. Think will stick to some warm water to just wake me up.

I first had a mini freak out cause the dvd's remote batteries were died and I could not find new ones. But after reminding myself to breath and just relax found replacements.

I had the Power Yoga dvd previously. What I learned from this morning class is that I have found an inner confidence which I havent had the the past.

still very stiff and not flexible at all but find the dvd just right for a beginner.

going lunch time to buy a scented candle. just to set the mood for my mat and myself :rose:

Ozzy came to lick me morning (my black stafforshire dog) but otherwise was sleeping in his bed.

I'm with you! :)

My Day One will be a Night One because I have been running around today, to register cars on the last day before expiration, and now waiting for hours to get blood drawn at this clinic for preemployment screening titers, since no one can locate my immunization records. Including me, but I would have thought that either my physician or my current employer (a hospital!) would have them on file. :mad:

And this place is a total dump (new employer is paying) and I had to drive 27 minutes to get here. So I will neeeeed yoga and will do a relaxing one focusing on BREATHING. :)